94 TXD estate

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

94 TXD estate

Post by Barnsley BXer »

1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Looks nice though more pictures would help and is the bump strip missing from the driver`s door or is it just my eyesight?
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Define "the engine runs reasonably well".............. :? :? :?

I may take a look if it doesn't go up much, lacks a bit of description though and no bad points listed :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Cheers Jon, it probably (understatement) can't be in general worse nick than mine :cry: but hey she still gives a better ride than most 'cars' around 8)

Firing on 3 out of 4 could probably be described as 'reasonable' I suppose :lol: :lol:

'hydraulics had a new manifold joint' :? , wonder if that's ye olde octopus?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Hope to see the car tomorrow :wink:

A question to seller was:

Q: Could you elaborate please, what do you mean by the engine runs reasonably well ? Mike
08-Jul-06

A: My other car is a 2litre petrol turbo so reasonably well means it goes, gets up the hill behind us and eventually would cruise at 70-80 (where allowed). It is not a powerful engine though, 1.9 diesel non-turbo. But it has done 131K so I guess its a bit tired but it will still haul 4 up comfortably. Hope this helps. Pete

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

(off topic) Ed... behave! :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

hehe, thought you'd recognize me without my trousers Phil :shock: :lol: :lol:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

See no ferret there... but now you mention it...

:lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

look again mate, I must send you the recipe for ferret kebabs too :shock: :lol:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

cavmad wrote:Looks nice though more pictures would help and is the bump strip missing from the driver`s door or is it just my eyesight?
Quite right Cav it's in the boot, seems your eyesights still good despite rumours doing the rounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What rumours are these then? Not that I`m getting paranoid in my old age but after an `incident` last night in town it would appear that my eyesight IS being questioned by my mates! :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Ask no questions etc ....

Anyway the estate seems mechanically sound, no leaks not even camseal on pump end, good for 131k. It has the usual scrapes patches and dings, dull paint on driver's door etc so certainly not immaculate ..... Asking price £500 which I thought a bit steep but the 6 months tax cost him £96. Mot till June 07, good tyres too and recent service history.
Any thoughts, could I do better for that sort of money :?

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

jonkw wrote:I reckon thats worth a look Ed. Not so far away from you either.
Well zero response to my request for opinions on value but then again estates are not everyone's cup of tea :?

Anyway it turns out the seller ended the auction early as he had a cash offer for £500........... as it happens the sale fell through :P

Owner is off to Alan S' part of the world and finds himself stuck with the BX so gives me a buzz and we do a deal for a hell a lot less than the asking price, optional roof racks thrown in, full tank of diesel, June '07 MOT, 6 months tax, new exhaust, discs & pads, cambelt replaced 2000 miles back 8)
Also not a leak in sight ........ now that's a change :wink:

Thare are a couple of niggles which I will address in 'Technical', but all in all a bargain I think ^^bx>

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry Ed, had forgotten about this thread :oops: Sounds like you`ve had a very good deal with this car and please don`t think estates are not everyone`s cup of tea. I don`t think I`d ever be without mine, it`s been a fantastic work horse and although I might not treat it right it`s been a wonderful car and the amount of room is superb. Having two young-ish children and running a junior football team too the load space really comes into it`s own.
From your decription it doesn`t sound like there`s anything worth noting that`s wrong with it and by the sounds of it I think you`re in for cheap long term ownership.
Scratches, dings and off colured paint are now worth worrying about, only cosmetic and won`t stop you using it plus you can always do it up as you go along.
Look foward to seeing some pictures and hearing how you get along with it, keep us posted please :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.