Tracing an Exported Car

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Tracing an Exported Car

Post by Tim Leech »

I still keep dreaming about the red 19RD E945AVW we had when I was a kid!

A vehicle check confirms it was exported in 1993

Having called the DVLA just to ask for what country it was exported too was fruitless, they put me on hold for 10 minutes then cut me off, which isn't the first time, if its a difficult enquiry they seem to just bin the call off so they don't have to deal with the enquiry.

Frustration reigns supreme, I just want to know where it ended up and if it was as loved as it was when we had it for its 150000 miles!

I called back a third time and they said they don't have records of where the car is exported too, just that its been sent out of the country.

would a high mileage 6 yea old rather worthless BX diesel which is RHD be of any real value?

I guess I will never know.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Tracing an Exported Car

Post by Jaba »

It seems that the options for tracking are non existant with the DVLC. A previous BX of mine was showing for a least 6 months as being neither insured or taxed and not sorned either. Then a few weeks back someone posted on here from Ireland saying he got it from UK in December last. It is still not showing as exported !

This was a great relief for me as I feared that it had just been scrapped which would have been such a waste of a good BX.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: Tracing an Exported Car

Post by Jaba »

BTW Tim sorry to read you are not doing the Challenge. I am going to have to withdraw as well for unexpected reasons. So that will be two cars less.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.