Hi

Anything about BXs
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

well ,all ive got to say is back to work today ,

the weekend in Eastbourne was great , the car was perfect , so reliable and comfortable , dad checked the lhm and everything else .

I asked him about the tyres as the car had been standing and he told me had had put a set of good part worns on it before tha mot.

he also told me to watch out for Chris (doc ) :lol:

he said hes very quick for such a little chap , I'm not sure I know what he means
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol:

I'm sure you'd love to find out though eh!

I mean, we could go to the cinema, or dinner, or whatever the hip young kids are doinf these days, OR, we could spend a romantic afternon adorning your car with Speedlines and fiddling with it's bits! :wink:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

docchevron1472 wrote::lol: :lol:

I mean, we could go to the cinema, or dinner, or whatever the hip young kids are doing these days, OR, we could be fiddling with your bits! :wink:
Edited for accuracy.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Roverman wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote::lol: :lol:

I mean, we could go to the cinema, or dinner, or whatever the hip young kids are doing these days, OR, we could be fiddling with your bits! :wink:
Edited for accuracy.
Timmy thats rude , Doc , I am sure , is a very respectable young man

err what happenned to the romantic afternon adorning your car with Speedlines

whatever speedlines are ,

you dont mean those silly go faster stripes do you Doc , I dont want those
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Speedlines.....as fitted to Monica (my 17TXD Turbo) :D You know your BX would look better with them, either in Anthracite or Graphite.

If you really need your bits fiddling with....Doc is most definitely your man! :shock:
He is probably one of the UKs finest artists of the "big hammer technique", and has an uncanny aptitude for fettling all things BX-related.

A romantic afternoon with Doc would probably include lots of lying around on the grass, occasional "beer breaks", and pizza slices, and would probably ALL occur within easy reach of his toolbox! :wink:

Having said all that, I's be VERY wary of letting MY daughter out with him!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(How's that for a reference, Chris?)
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

oh they are alloy wheels :oops: , they look quite nice .

well Chris has met my dad and my four older brothers so I am sure he would behave like a gentleman
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Pfffffffffwrt. Gentleman???

This coming from a Student Nurse???!

Or have things changed since my days of waking up in strange rooms following mess parties and cracking open a IV set, litre of dex and a blue venflon?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Father Ted wrote: cracking open a IV set, litre of dex and a blue vein flute?
Wha..I mean, you didn't... no...

I'm always a gentleman me. Well known that is!
I always behave in the most gentlemanly of ways and, er, hang on....thats someone else aint it..
DANG!

Ta for the reference Dave!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Father Ted wrote: cracking open a IV set, litre of dex and a blue venflon?
ok so your using a 22g blue cannula on an IV set up and I presume you mean Dexamethasone so what were the effects ?
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Father Ted wrote: cracking open a IV set, litre of dex and a blue venflon?
ok so your using a 22g blue cannula on an IV set up and I presume you mean Dexamethasone so what were the effects ?

( must admit I prefer vodka and coke )
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Nooooo - Dextrose or dextro-saline (depends which bag you got)

Blue venflons FTW when it comes to post piss up hangover cures - besides would you trust a hungover houseman to use a green venflon on yer arm? Bruising like mad - NFTW.

It was typical practice for those that were truly arseholed to be offered a litre of IV fluids in the pepping up process, as some were off on duty shortly after the bin lid and wooden spoon came round in the morning. Usually coupled with some panadol, zantac and maxalon and several cups of coffee and a bacon butty - if you wernt on an early you crashed in someones room, not the mess. Not cannulated anyone for yonks, venepuncture almost daily, but not cannulation - was something I was never that good at actually - yet oddly I have no trouble with venepuncture. Even from junkies and mad old ladies.... Odd that. Not done suturing for a while either, mind you its like sex, or falling off a log - once you learn you never.... umm....

Ahh, happy days - we wont see their like again. I mean WTF is it with F1 & F2's- whatever happend to the houseman and senior houseman? Got a mate whos a gasman and he still refers to them as HO's. Actually said mate took great delight in setting up my block with the biggest needle in the world when I went in for some metalwork recently. Git.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's another language :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Ever heard the phrase bulshitt baffles brains?

Thats what doctors do every day - I mean why call it an elbow when you can bewilder people by refering to the olecronon, why call it something as simple as a nose bleed when an epistaxis will do instead?

Now lie on your side, draw your knees up to your chest and relax....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

[quote="Father Ted"]Ever heard the phrase bulshitt baffles brains?

Thats what doctors do every day - I mean why call it an elbow when you can bewilder people by refering to the olecronon, why call it something as simple as a nose bleed when an epistaxis will do instead?

Now lie on your side, draw your knees up to your chest and relax....[/quote]

Kidding aside I had to do that on Tuesday at the hospital Marty. I've been off work since :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

cavmad wrote:
Father Ted wrote: Now lie on your side, draw your knees up to your chest and relax....[/quote]

cant be many things worse than hearing those words softly spoken accompanied by the distictive snap of an examination glove being put on
cavmad wrote: Kidding aside I had to do that on Tuesday at the hospital Marty. I've been off work since :cry:
oh i hope its nothing to serious ,