What is it about the BX?

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's because the BX has never really had the appeal of the Saxo/Nova/Mundano/Vectra etc and 'tuning' parts are less available.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's much of the reason, yes.

But not all - Sierras, Rovers, Peugeots etc. of a similar vintage seem to attract the serious modifiers but mostly the automotive vandals you see on Barry sites et al. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's because we have better taste! :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

But what is taste? For you or I perhaps it's something that doesn't have some wanky bodykit, neons and a full scale replica of Runcorn bridge on the boot acting as a spoiler.

To the average 17-22 year old though style is fitting bling wheels, tinted lights and drain pipe exhausts. Love 'em or hate 'em the boy racers do the popular thing, just like the fur lined dashboard and jack up kits on seventies Fords and Vauxhalls and it is their call. All we can do is stand back and laugh.

Just like a BX can have the right look with the right colour and Speedlines, a Nova (for example) can look fantastic on Compomotive alloys, a slight slam and anice subtle colour.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder and I think it's a tad snobby to imply BX owners have better taste to be honest Phil.
Vauxhall apologist.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

cavmad wrote:To the average 17-22 year old though style is fitting bling wheels, tinted lights and drain pipe exhausts. Love 'em or hate 'em .
Surely thats one of the biggest points. Most BX owners are older than me Im 24 ( I know there are exceptions )and to be fair only had a BX coz it was free.
I have grown to love it but probably wouldent have considered one otherwise.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oh, I'm not being snobby. Semantics getting in the way there! :lol: In fact secretly I hold a desire to do something out of the ordinary with a BX. Childish it may be but I'd love to do either a 16v, modded, in WRC colours, or indeed take a Sport or an early GTi and give it a BX4TC 'look'... Sad or what? :roll: :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It's not sad mate it's you wanting to do your own thing, nowt wrong with that.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Actually, apart from the obvious things like money, the only thing that's really stopping me is having somewhere to keep the car safely. 'One day', I promise myself!
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote:the only thing that's really stopping me is having somewhere to keep the car safely. 'One day', I promise myself!
I take it that the missus gets first dibs on the garage for the Fiat then? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

so am I wrong to want a 4 wheel drive V6 auto BX then ? :lol:
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

DavidRutherford wrote:Nope... it's much more reddy than that, and about 6 years newer!
IIRC, Mark's break is, like mine, rouge geranium.

Before I reduced it to it's component parts and a fair sized pile of ferrous oxide it looked like this:
Apologies for the quality; very shit digital camera...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski