New Member - I Got My First BX and I need your help! PLEASE

Anything about BXs
SICK_BX_19TRS

New Member - I Got My First BX and I need your help! PLEASE

Post by SICK_BX_19TRS »

First, before anything. I am new to these forums and I hope that this forum can help me out on my new journey with my BX. Im going to be honest with you. I don't know that much about BX's. I Live in The States (NEW JERSEY) and I came across this neat looking car at a local garage. Apparently someone abandoned the car I seen this car and how great condition the body was in and the "now owner" of the car gave me the keys to check it out and it started right up and thats after he told me he hasnt touched it in 3 months. i was amazed and fell in love. Unfortunatly the only thing about the car that bothers me is that i dont know how to mod it and what to do with it. Im in need of parts and in dying need of 2 front seats the front seat thats in the car now is from a minivan.. I need your guys help on what I should do with this car where I could go to get my parts with me being in the states are there any good websites i can visit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ive included some pics of my car. Tell me what you think??

docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Welcome!
That must be EXTREMLEY rare in the states. I didn't know there were any over there!

What sort of modding do you want to do with it?
Body styling or performance mods, or both?!

Erm, I have no idea what seats should be in it TBH, although various members here will no doubt know, I suspect you'll have to have some shipped across from the UK or France or the such TBH.

I seem to recall there is a Citroën parts suppliers in the USA but the name escapes me right now.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
SICK_BX_19TRS

Post by SICK_BX_19TRS »

Thanks. Yeah they didnt sell this car over here.. This car must of had to been imported but someone left it abandoned over by the port. So lucky for me! I want to do both styling and performing. Its difficult to find places to get the parts i need since i live in the states.. i figured id most likely have to have parts imported and i dont mind with that, i just need to find out where i can get that done...
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Well I guess I am one of the many that would have an interior for you but then I am down in the South Pacific lands where they filmed The Lord of the Rings Trilogy 8)

Theres a few people around here who import American Cars but I am unaware of any that send stuff to to the USA.

As for the mods? You can not improve on perfection.
:wink:
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
citro-geoff
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Xantia VSX Estate-146K-1996 (The wifes car)
BX TZD Turbo-317K- Awaiting repair/donor car(broken subframe)
BX TZD Turbo-202K-project car ongoing
BX TZD Turbo-212k-One owner car rescued from being scrapped.
2CV Charleston-101K-One owner car awaiting restoration.
ZX Memphis-185K-Wifes daily driver.

BX parts

Post by citro-geoff »

Hi,welcome to the club.If you need any mechanical parts,the motor and bits are the same,or similar to a Peugeot 405,so if you can find a Peugeot dealer they may be able to help.Do you know when it was made etc?If you look at the drivers door pillar there should be a 4 digit number on there.Put this number into the box on this website,and it will give you the date it was manufactured, www.citroen.mb.ca/organr.html You could also go onto Ebay.fr to find bits. Looking at your pics,I would say it would be a 1988/89 car,without a cat. The clear rear quarterlights were dropped around 1989/90 in favour of colour coded ones that were painted the same as the car.You will find lots of info on the forum.Just a small but very important tip,DO NOT top up the fluid tank with ordinary brake fluid.To do so will scrap the car!! I have sent car parts to the States(mainly DS) and it is not cheap. There is a Citroen Car Club in the USA,but is well spread around. I will try and get some addresses for you and let you know.If you need any info on the car,ppm me or just put on a post.There are also technical books over here,also available on Ebay.The seats were probably changed as the original ones were prone to wear on the corners as you got in and out of the car.You could probably find a couple over here,but a set out of a 16valve model would be better,and also a body kit from the same car.Register on the 16vclub forum and have a look.Geoff
1995 ZX Memphis TD Saloon 176k
1997 XANTIA VSX ESTATE-112K(the Wife's!!)
1993 BX TZD Turbo Estate 202k waiting repairs for mot.(Just started to fix it!!)
1985 2CV 100k - waiting full restoration.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A BX in the states? awesome!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

for citroen sites in USA try here; also some vidios on utube

Post by kevlights »

sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty
kevlights
Confirmed BX'er

copy and paste for BX you tube vidios

Post by kevlights »

sold the BX to buy ZX disaster! sold to get Fiat Croma nice car but gutless,sold to get Peugeot 505;sold that 505 to purchase another BX ,at least I know about them! 1989 BX 19GTi AutoPetrol
just a little bit insane and slightly Euro potty
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

The front seats you want are the standard 19TRS ones for that year which would match the rears, they arent that rare. I know ARTIC STEEL (a user on here) had a complete set but its shipping them over which is the hard part. Failing that try ebay, the mechanical parts are readily available, try www.gsfcarparts.com.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....