Lost some money down the back of the dashboard

Anything about BXs
Tourist
BXpert

Lost some money down the back of the dashboard

Post by Tourist »

I was sat in the car park messing around with the coin holder today while waiting to pick my brother up from school, there was a bit of change in there when I pushed it closed a little too hard and a couple of them came out and disappeared into the dashboard somewhere.

Looking behind the coin holder, there's a hole, I can see where any coin going through it would end up so I removed the stuff around the radio, and moved the centre console bit that surrounds the gear stick (technical term) ...

The problem is that the money is nowhere to be found, where could it be? I was unable to remove the centre console bit completely but I made it so I could have a good feel and the coins aren't there.

I want my 2p back! Where could it be? :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I wouldnt worry mate you may do far more harm than good taking it all to bits trying to get at it!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

there behind the black centre console flaps that run towards the back of the car. Pull them out a little where the 'foot' vent is for the blower and the coins should fall out.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Vanny wrote:there behind the black centre console flaps that run towards the back of the car. Pull them out a little where the 'foot' vent is for the blower and the coins should fall out.
Tried that they're nowhere to be found, I don't care about the money I just don't want it to turn into another annoying rattle, there are enough weird noises already :lol:
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Look in a few strategic places, e.g. under/next to the front seats, around the handbrake console, and you might make up the money you lost....

The other place loose change from the coin holder ends up is behind or on the radio, but again don't bother to take it out - as it'll almost certainly work its way down over time to where Vanny describes.

Had a field day once with the loose change when I bought an ex-taxi BX ...enough for a few (not a couple) of drinks.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

My BX didn't come with a radio and the wiring is "odd" so I haven't got round to fitting one yet - the first place I looked was where Vanny described and confusingly there was no change there, unless it's somehow worked its way under the carpet or something ... I suppose I'll just leave it ... *shrug*
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I love rummaging around old cars for loose change when I buy them, makes you feel good when you offset what you find against what you paid :lol:

Well it did until I got the TRS! I managed to locate $5.85 :wink: one big snag though because NZ had changed the coinage the money I found was worthless :cry:

Reckon a few European owners fond the same problem with the flick to the Euro aye :lol:
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I've certainly bought a couple of BXs with the odd few French-holiday centimes in them as well as the pounds and pennies, but never anything else other than Euro cents.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I found a neatly folded fiver in the sun visor on Monica! :lol:
Mind you...I'd had her for about 6 weeks before I discovered it!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I was once filling up the GSA when I realised to my horror that I didn't have my wallet with me. So I stopped and had a whip round: collected all the coins out of the cubbyhole next to the gearstick, rummaged under the seats to find all the change that had fallen out of my pocket over the previous few months - including several pound coins - and all together I had enough to pay for the petrol!

I forget the amount - it was in 2002, when petrol was about 75p per litre! :roll:

Mark.
Alcyone

Post by Alcyone »

And greetings from the continent!

I'll have to tell this story over here, must be a RHD feature :lol:

You're lucky it doesn't eat paper money... yet :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Alcyone wrote:And greetings from the continent!

You're lucky it doesn't eat paper money... yet :wink:
All BXs eat money, especially mine!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....