A quick one from Jon

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Talking of 'biting' it's funny that our Antipodean user went all defensive after the comments about someone going running to Jon isn't it? Got something to hide Kiwi?

As I believe has already been mentioned you don't know a great deal about this forum over the years, how it used to be and the friendships that developed that ensured ex-BX owners could still come on here and converse with friends.

I'd imagine that's no good to you because you wouldn't be able to see past your seemed concept of only being able to have a BX to know anything or post messages.

Trouble is that doesn't always work of course, say for example someone throwing their toys out of the pram after boring people rigid with their views on N2 in tyres etc. Funnily enough I seem to remember that when you didn't like the responses you got from that you just carried on merrily putting your fingers in your ears because people had the gall to disagree with you :roll:

Why did you not anwer my question if you lived in the UK as that, to me, is as relevant as me not owning a BX. This because you seem to have no real memory or knowledge of living in the UK and driving over here plus our mannerisms and way of life. Still, it gives you more scope to guess about these things I suppose and bang on about great NZ is.

I have no great mechanical knowledge of BXs but there are people on here who are UK based who are pretty much wizzards on that score and the vast majority of whom don't appear to be jumped up ego-maniacs like yourself.

You don't want to be a mod because you'd be called impartial yet you allege I'd only support someone who I could manipulate, so now's your chance to do something then isn't it? Unless of course you're all talk and no trousers?

I did read somewhere there are more sheep than people in NZ, this could explain your bleeting I expect.

*As for the mathemetician that can't be arsed to use a spell checker, you don't actually warrant a decent response. Another five minute wonder that wants to try and be chief arse licker :roll:
Vauxhall apologist.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

=D> \:D/

Funny thing I got a PM warning me about challenging you Caveman...ooops sorry I mispelt that 8)

Since now you are challenging me to what background I have in the UK well you really are proving how narrow minded you are so I wil bite.

So I hve no idea about no real memory or knowledge of living in the UK and driving over there plus our mannerisms and way of life. :roll:

Theres a reason I would not want to be a moderator and that is simply dealing with the Trolls that will be banned who keep coming back to stir the pot.

What is said is there are a lot of people from all corners of the English speaking world who come to this forum for advice. Lot of expats living in NZ as well who carry on driving the Euro cars and like the advice and discussions.

Oh and as for the Nitrogen in Tyres debate I kept an open mind on that and did not rush into a decision based on your closed views. Still open viewed on the gimmick but you will never understand that either.

FFS you drive a rebadged Holden nearly as good as a Ford. :lol:
Last edited by kiwi on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

btw this is what I caught today

Magpi
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Magpi »

great job of playing fry the new guy

on all your parts

yes im new
and yes i don’t know the pre history of the forum but it is just that old history
things change and evolve
if your so afraid of that then time to log off because trust me when i say forums as with every thing in love grow change and evolve in many different ways
it is good to take the old lessons learnt on board but it is also good and healthy to accept that there may be many new lessons you may learn along the way
new ways of doing things here

on my spelling
it is usually an issue that comes up im used to it now and just like to head the horse off at the pass before it happens because in the end some one always bitches about it at me

cav i do use a spell check but what looks like the right word to me is not always the correct one

bx's as a whole world wide a slowly dying off and to keep the interest alive it will take a lot of work
im a die hard dragon blood nutter and I’ll defend the bx against any others misconceptions about them (that includes form other cit owners who bag them out)

wither i have been on this forum since day dot or only 5 mins as you like to point out does not matter
having a knowledge of the history of this forum makes not matter
what makes a matter about being a mod is an enthusiasm to want to see this forum and club hold a relationship and growing relationship of its users/members

to stamp on some ones enthusiasm about wanting to get involves and support the club when they are so new tot he club will only see the membership dwindle and die

food for thought
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Magpi wrote: to stamp on some ones enthusiasm about wanting to get involves and support the club when they are so new tot he club will only see the membership dwindle and die
On the contrary, to allow a new ego to run rampant on here would be a quick recipe for disaster. We have only just recovered from such a mistake and the scars are still with us and fresh in our minds.
So, you see, we do learn by our mistakes and are (hopefully) unlikely to allow that to happen again as it is in no ones interest except that person on the ego-trip!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

kiwi wrote:=D> \:D/

Funny thing I got a PM warning me about challenging you Caveman...ooops sorry I mispelt that 8)

Since now you are challenging me to what background I have in the UK well you really are proving how narrow minded you are so I wil bite.

Born London late sixties moved to south west mid seventies where I lived until bailing the country in 2003. Owned a BX since 1989 until moving to the land of the Long White Cloud and used to work at Pat Wilsons the Citroen Dealership in Plymouth followed by Arlington Motors (GM Dealer) and Shell Oil. Now if you want a further check the garage that maintained my BXs in the UK was Euroservice at Lee Mill.

So I hve no idea about no real memory or knowledge of living in the UK and driving over there plus our mannerisms and way of life. :roll:

Theres a reason I would not want to be a moderator and that is simply dealing with the Trolls that will be banned who keep coming back to stir the pot.

What is said is there are a lot of people from all corners of the English speaking world who come to this forum for advice. Lot of expats living in NZ as well who carry on driving the Euro cars and like the advice and discussions.

Oh and as for the Nitrogen in Tyres debate I kept an open mind on that and did not rush into a decision based on your closed views. Still open viewed on the gimmick but you will never understand that either.

FFS you drive a rebadged Holden nearly as good as a Fix Or Repair Daily. :lol:
Thanks for the bite. Having just about found the will to live after reading that I have to confess I nearly pissed myself laughing at your 'I got a pm warning me about challenging you' remark Peewit, sorry Pinhead, sorry Kiwi.

'Ooh, I got warned about you', do you realise how incredibly sad that makes you sound? I don't give a flying one what people say about me and unlike cry babies like you I won't go running off to tell teacher if you have a go back.

I don't care what you think of my views on N2 and tyres are, I just know that having a fair bit of experience in both fields means I don't have to read reply after reply after reply from you ad nauseum boring people's tits off about it.

Am I meant to be impressed by who you worked for or what cars you have driven or something? If so it hasn't worked. You carry on being a 'job snob' and a 'badge snob' and I'll just sit here laughing at you thanks.

Anyway I'll have to fly in a minute as obviously you're SO important I'd better check up where you used to get your car serviced in the country you bailed out of because the going got tough :roll: :lol:

Jesus, I've encountered some self important twerps on the net in my time but you must be in the top three at least if you think I care about you or your life :lol:

Right, better go as I came here for a battle of wits but I don't fight unarmed men.

*Ps: don't forget to tell Sir what I said and perhaps pm your little friend(s) back and tell him/them I replied :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Magpi, fair enough but can you see that being new on a forum then offering to be a mod probably wouldn't work (thought I concede it might do) as you have to sort of know the users well enough etc. To be fair though spelling or not you certainly have more about you than your near neighbour.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

kiwi wrote:I would call that a win from the antipodeans :lol:
I would call that pathetic.
kiwi wrote:jonathan_dyane you want to qoute me please quote words used and not words YOU WRITE.
It's called summarising, and is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. It condenses a large amount of your drivel into one short consise statement, which is both accurate and to the point.

Why is it that you have to argue about everything? It seems to me that you have a serious case of "agree with me, or I'll argue with you until the cows come home"

This thread highlights the need for moderation on this forum. There have been countless threads (and indeed a number of new members recently) which would not have seen the light of day had they occurred 3 years ago. Any Marque-specific forum is bound to have a mix of some people who only understand technical things, some who only appreciate aesthetics, some who are willing to learn, some who couldn't care less, some who are dishonest, some who are snot-dribbling morons, some who are keyboard warriors, some who appreciate the social aspect, some who will only want to milk the forum for technical advice, some who are abrasive and abusive, and some people who really do have a room-temperature IQ. There might even be some nice people in there somewhere.

In other words, a fair mix of the general populus, and as has been proven in many civilisations, unless you Police the general populus, all hell breaks loose.

What is needed is one forum owner who lays down the rules, (forum administrator on phpbb) and then a number of relevant forum moderators who implement those rules on the members, in an open, visible and reasoned way. That way everyone knows where they stand. A number of moderators are needed, as there's no way that one person can do it on their own. (I say "relevant" moderators, as different people need to moderate different sections. No good having someone who is mechanically inept moderating the technical board! Also, moderation has to be visible and reasonable, otherwise we end up with the same as happened a while back with that absurd situation with mr. hidden tjorven)

At the moment it's a fucking joke, and I can say that firmly in the knowledge that I won't be repremanded for swearing on an otherwise family-friendly forum, as there's absolutely no sensible policing of it at the moment.
this might be a signature
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I feel like I am winning this arguement 8)

Why :?:

Because the responses that I manged to stir up from a few people have just shown why the thread started in the first place.

Oh and cavmad it was not me that went running to teacher I got a better way of dealing with things and just tell it how I see it. I do think who ever alerted Jon as to the antics of this forum lately has a very valid point and that is clear with the lack of reasonable moderation.

Say what you like about me I have thick skin your the one showing what a dick you are judging people by what they have posted and here we go how do you know I posted the truth? At least I had the skills to be able to leave the UK for what is abetter lifestyle. Yes I am proud of that and you are envious :lol:

I have won you are the losers who are killing this forum with personal attacks. My attacks are defensive whats your excuse?

You lost lets see what you can comeback with

argue:-( = ----^
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

kiwi wrote:I feel like I am winning this arguement 8)

Why :?:

Because the responses that I manged to stir up from a few people have just shown why the thread started in the first place.

Oh and cavmad it was not me that went running to teacher I got a better way of dealing with things and just tell it how I see it. I do think who ever alerted Jon as to the antics of this forum lately has a very valid point and that is clear with the lack of reasonable moderation.

Say what you like about me I have thick skin your the one showing what a dick you are judging people by what they have posted and here we go how do you know I posted the truth? At least I had the skills to be able to leave the UK for what is abetter lifestyle. Yes I am proud of that and you are envious :lol:

I have won you are the losers who are killing this forum with personal attacks. My attacks are defensive whats your excuse?

You lost lets see what you can comeback with

argue:-( = ----^
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, I might have to sig that if I can fit it all in. That's one of the best responses I've ever had from an internet know all EVER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You make judegments on people you don't know, accuse me of the same and then when your little plot to take this forum over/win an argument goes tits up the toys come out of the pram. You really are a loser but I like you in the kind of way that clever people like idiots because when you post messages it makes me feel a whole lot better in myself because I'm so glad I'm not you :lol:

You might have bailed out of the UK because we were over-run with shelf fillers and petrol station attendants but people with skills (both life skills and industrial skills) stayed on and got on with things.#

I can't decide which bit of the absolute bollocks you wrote is the funniest but quite possibly it's the 'I'm envious' part. Always the last resort of the desperately stupid internet warlord who wants to look all clever and important.

PLEASE tell me you'll stick around and keep posting messages, I feel like the cat playing with the bird with the broken wing here. I accept that it will probably get boring giving it you back eventuall, but for now you're my special little keyboard Conan and you amuse me.

Night night, I'll check back in the morning and see how long it takes you to type out another comedy response.

Ps: little tip: try not to sound too anger and bitter next time, it just makes it easier for me :wink: :D
Vauxhall apologist.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Oh I wish you could have seen my face as I read that :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really am getting under your skin scrapyard junkie :D

So much aggression it is comical :roll: you just can not stand the fact someone is going to stand up to. You are weak and thats clear by what pleasure you have taken in your many posts putting people down.

You lost get over it.

8)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

What you've posted here very clearly highlights that you don't know Cavmad at all.

It also highlights that you are infact an absolute idiot.
Thank fuck you did give up and bugger off to NZ, you aren't fit to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

Or maybe the problem here is that you gave up on air aswell and went over to breathing 100% nitrogen?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

More insults :roll:

You need some of this :wink:

kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Why dont we just chat about the BX ?

So lets get back to BX CHAT

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

kiwi wrote:Why dont we just chat about the BX ?
Because the point needs making that you are being an utter ringpiece. It's laughable that you can dish out the insults, but when they come hurtling back to you, you are condescending about them. If you can't see how much of a complete cock you're being, then there's no helping you.

Also, stop posting fucking massive images.
this might be a signature