A quick one from Jon

Anything about BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Hi David you are up late. I understand you are a keyboard warrior so well practiced :wink:

So the big images upset you in a thread of insults that you can not get your jollies from.

Shame
1991 BX19 TZS 04/01/91 (Deceased)
1990 BX19 TRS 27/10/89 (Reborn)
1992 BX19 TXD (Ex UK - K 744 SDF) 15/06/92
1990 BX19 TZS Auto 06/11/1989
1992 BX TZD Turbo Estate (Ex UK) 1/07/91
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Flash Point of a Hydrocarbon

The explosive nature of a hydrocarbon is determined by its volatility. The volatility of any liquid depends upon the temperature.
'The flash point of any liquid is the lowest temperature at which a liquid hydrocarbon gives off enough vapor to form an explosive mixture with air'.

The flash point of any liquid hydrocarbon is so adjusted that it remains safe under the conditions of its use. For example, the minimum flash point permitted in India is 44°C, while in France it is 33°C and in Britain it is 22°C.Knocking of fuels
An internal combustion engine works with a system of pistons. A mixture of air and petrol vapor, is drawn from the carburetor into the cylinder in the down-stroke of the piston. In the upstroke phase, the mixture is compressed. The ratio of the initial volume to final volume is called the compression ratio. At the end of the upstroke of the piston, a spark ignites the compressed air-petrol (gasoline) mixture. As the gases burn, they expand and the flame front moves in a smooth manner and supplies power to the engine.

To achieve maximum efficiency of the engine, a high compression ratio of about seven to eight is required. However the increase in the compression ratio, results in the burning of petrol-air mixture in an explosive manner, that produces a metallic sound. This sound is called knocking, and indicates inefficient performance of the gasoline. High compression ratio engines also require less fuel, so petrol having less knocking tendencies are very valuable.
It has been found that the knocking tendency of the fuels falls off with the nature of the fuel as follows.

Straight chain alkanes > Branched chain alkanes > Alkenes
Knocking may also be prevented or minimized by adding compounds such as tetraethyl lead (TEL) to gasoline. Such compounds are called anti-knocking agents. To prevent the deposition of lead inside the cylinder, dibromoethane is added to the gasoline.

Quality of petrol (gasoline) - octane number
The controlled combustion of fuel in the presence of air, gives an internal combustion engine its power. A low quality fuel does not burn smoothly and causes an occasional explosive sound, which is known as knocking. This greatly reduces the power of the engine.

The quality of a fuel is indicated in terms of its octane number. Different hydrocarbons have different knocking tendencies. A fuel that produces minimum knocking is considered as a good fuel.
An arbitrary scale of octane number has been set up with n-heptane and 2,2,4-trimethylpentane (iso-octane) as the reference compounds. All fuels are graded in between these two limiting values by comparing with a suitable mixture of the above two compounds. 2,2,4-trimethylpentane (generally called iso-octane) has excellent anti-knocking properties and has been arbitrarily assigned an octane number of 100, whereas n-heptane, which is very prone to knocking is assigned an octane number of zero (0). Therefore, the antiknock property of a fuel increases with the increase in its octane number.

Thus, the octane number of any fuel is defined 'as the percentage of iso-octane in a mixture of iso-octane and n-heptane that has the same knocking as the fuel under examination'.
A fuel having an octane number of 80 behaves in a manner similar to a mixture having 80% of iso-butane, and 20% of n-heptane. Straight run gasolines may have octane values ranging from 20 to 73. Aviation fuel is rated as 100 octane.

The octane number of a hydrocarbon depends upon its structure.
Branched-chain alkanes, alkenes and aromatic hydrocarbons have high octane numbers. Such compounds are added to straight-run gasoline to raise its octane number. These high octane compounds, viz., branched-chain alkanes, alkenes, and aromatic hydrocarbons are prepared by catalytic cracking and catalytic reforming.
Straight chain alkanes have low octane numbers, the value of which decreases with the increase in the length of the chain.
Cyclic alkanes have higher octane numbers than the corresponding straight chain alkanes.
The unsaturated hydrocarbons have higher octane numbers than the corresponding straight chain hydrocarbons.
Aromatic hydrocarbons have very high octane numbers.
Octane ratings of some compounds are: n-Heptane 0
n-Pentane 62
tert-butyl alcohol 98
neo-octane Benzene 100
Ethanol 112
Methanol 116
Toluene 118
Quality of diesel - cetane number
Cetane number is defined as the percentage of cetane in a mixture of cetane and -methyl naphthalene, which has the same ignition quality as the fuel under examination at the same conditions.

Cetane is arbitrarily given a cetane number of 100 as it ignites rapidly while -methyl naphthalene ignites is given a cetane number of zero as it ignites slowly.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Ah, I see what you're doing now... Posting as much shit as you possibly can, knowing that nothing will be done about it as there's no moderation.

Well done.

*slow clap*
this might be a signature
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

well once your mates started personal attacks the gloves came off. :wink:

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

David: He's not posting pictures/jibberish because there's no moderation, he's doing it because a) he's in a nark and b) he cannot think of anything sensible, witty or suitable to say.

I'm really not joking either, I've seen this kind of thing before, it's the call of the man (boy) who's called it on, lost the argument completely and resorts to poasting (more) bollocks because he hasn't the wherewithall to back up his original argument.

Look at his use of phrases like 'keyboard warrior'. That was already used against him on this thread and it shows a complete lack of thought or originality by him to bring it back into the conversation. Then see how he wants to get the thread back to BXs so makes a lame attempt to do so, this obviously because he cannot hack the pace.

Funny how he seems to want BXC of people that don't fit in with his stuffed shirt image and his masterplan to try and take this place over yet is actually as bad, or possibly worse, than others by posting inane and irrelevant information and pictures isn't it?

Peewee: I have no problem with people disagreeing with what I say or having a go at me if they are factually correct, morally on a better level than I (as most people are!) or best of all have the nous/intelligence for a good debate.
Unfortunately you possess none of those attributes and come across as a complete fucking know it all/show off/loser.

Honestly grandad, grow some bollocks, read a book on humility and defeat (you could probably write a book on the latter) and take a chill pill.

I KNOW I'm argumentative twat at times but the problem with nitwits like you is you know that too so light the blue touch paper and try and 'bring it on'. Your biggest problem then is that you are simply not clever enough to argue with anyone.

In layman's terms your mouth is writing cheques that your brain cannot honour.

Keep digging though, verytime you post you make yourself look an even bigger twat and I didn't think that could be possible :lol:

Oh, keep the insults about my cars coming too please, your cutting wit and originality is legendary. Not. :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

You keep replying so it shows how much this stuff irritates you that YOU HAVE TO REPLY

You are so short on memory it is YOU who put the match the touch paper.

Now YOU are the one accusing me of being a nark with very little evidence oh never mind I do not have a facebook account or for that matter want one with the cowards that the internet supports.

So you insulted a new member and made a few other sarcastic comments in the past and found yourself banned by a former mod.

Yes you are the experianced one I give that credit to you and its YOU who will be losing yet again.

So keep on crying and refresh your memory right at the start of the thread.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

How can I be losing? I love people like you, you're so stupid you wander round posting messages of hate, then try and back out because you're losing the argument then revert to type (internet know all) then God knows what.

I've already stated (and you said yourself) that I can be an argumentative twat so all this is music to my ears! I truly love finding people like you on the net, it's like taking sweets off a kid 'debating' with you because you have still showed absolutely fuck all intelligence.

There's no evidence of you being a nark did you just type? :shock: :lol:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, this thread alone blows that out of the water :D

Anyhow keep it coming, I'm enjoying this. I know it's not nice but you need weak people in life, it's survival of the fittest and all that and whilst you shouldn't mock the afflicted I just can't help myself.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Im not getting involved in this topic but that Donkey didnt half make me laugh :lol:
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I thought it was an ex-girlfriend. She was the only girl I know who could eat a tomato through a tennis racket :D
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

kiwi wrote:You are so short on memory it is YOU who put the match the touch paper.....So keep on crying and refresh your memory right at the start of the thread.
This thread, page 1, post 4. Who was the one who started being argumentative?

Strikes me that your short-term memory is a bit poor.

Oh, and well done you for posting an image 4 times wider than my screen, and six times wider than the forum recommended maximum size. Just goes to show what a childish idiot you are. Go you.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Soooooo if we had a moderator who could have shut this down before it started and before Jon got his facebook email which incidentally Cavmad et all you all missed the point I do not use facebook. :wink:

I would not need to post this immature post of which you just keep replying.

I got you just where I want you...pissed off that someone has taken you on match for match and irritated the hell out of you. Yet not one of you brave chaps has sent a PM prefering to puff the chest in public :roll:

Ask me nicely I might resize the pictures...

go on dare you :lol:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

kiwi wrote:Cavmad et all you all missed the point I do not use facebook.
And you completely missed the point that at no point did anyone imply that you sent a facebook message.
kiwi wrote:I got you just where I want you...pissed off that someone has taken you on match for match and irritated the hell out of you.
If you genuinely believe that then you're as deluded as you are childish.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Why would I want to pm you? You have been happy enough to air this in public and I'm more thna happy to do the same. Quite why it would make me 'brave' to pm you I honestly haven't the foggiest.
As said earlier everytime you type something you make yourself look more of a cock which suits me fine :lol:

As regards the pictures feel free to make them as big as you like, it's comical that you think I'd care or actually bother to ask you to resize them, and probably a measure of your massive ego that you thought I would.

It seems to me that everytime you bash away at the keyboard you get your arse handed to you on a plate yet you're so thick skinned you haven't actually grasped I'm laughing at you, not with you.

You'll have to trust me when I say you haven't pissed me off and you have blanked out the bit where I told you I was actually enjoying this. Now, here lies the problem: your ego is running away with you and you can't admit you're just making yourself look a knob with your increasingly bizarre posts, but more of that in a moment.

Are you going to answer David's post where he pointed out that in the first page of this thread you started being argumentative?

Now, another question that, if truth be told, I don't expect you will answer but I'm going to ask anyway and I'm 100% deadly serious here:

Do you have mental health issues? It's just I've seen the sort of irrational behaviour you have displayed on this thread elsewhere a few times. In all similar cases the person involved has posted badly considered 'fly off the handle' remarks, then inane posts (that rant about chemicals), strange irrelevant pictures, calls for a truce ('let's get back to BX chat'), then more slightly insane posts that don't actually make any real sense and have no apllied logic behind them.

Hand on heart I truly believe you have some issues here and I think you should go and see your doctor or an expert in mental health issues because it would appear to me you're cracking up.

Don't get me wrong I'm more than happy to carry this on if you like, I'm actually quite enjoying watching you make an utter twat of yourself, but if you're not playing with a full deck as it would appear then it's not really fair. No shame it in either, p[lenty of people (myself included) have had mental health issues in the past but you have to recognise them in yourself before you can seek help. Something I'd urge you to do.
Vauxhall apologist.
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

cavmad wrote:Do you have mental health issues?
:lol:

=D>
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

just goes to show why the country/world is in the state its in, when suposedly intelagent persons have got nothing better to do that just foul mouth each other, round and round in ever decreasing circles,

and please feel free to spell check,

how old are you lot ment to be

KIND REGARDS
malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)