What's it worth

Anything about BXs
Tourist
BXpert

What's it worth

Post by Tourist »

Unique (N reg!) BX TZD turbo (hatch) in white, you know the spec, great condition (one of the best TZDs) with about 72,000 miles. Fully working order.

Date of first registration: 1 Jan 1996. What is it worth?

Not sure yet but I might come to sell this car some time later this year unless I can get it insured - but I would like a figure so I can decide.
I have all the documentation. Including original newspaper ad which advertised the car at a garage in 1995/1996.

Tax until 2010, full mot.

I will say again this is just to get some idea of the value, I might not sell at all depending on how this insurance *situation* plays out.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The simple answer is "what someone is willing to pay for it"

On here your market would be limited, most of us already own a BX, the other thing is most people have an idea that you didn't pay too much for it.

On ebay, I wouldn't like hazard a guess what it might do. With tax and test, good pictures and a good listing, it could fetch a really good price.

Other internet cars for sale sites, you could ask whatever you want, you just might get it!.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

What Ken says. But I would have thought it'd get around £900 on eBay, given the current trends and the fact it's a diesel that can happily get 650 miles plus out of a tankful of diesel... You might be lucky - with the right ad it might get more...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Considering that an older, higher mileage BX with turbo and suspension problems went for nearly £800 (sorry to rub it in!) I'd say that a really decent N reg one should fetch more if advertised well. I've probably agree with Phil really.
Prices may be starting to climb a little, but there are still bargains out there which keeps the prices sensible. I think it'll be an enthusiast who would be interested - to the average man in the street it's an old N reg car with unreliable suspension...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

With a fresh MOT, sort that leak out and give it a damn good clean and polish and do a great advert on ebay (im happy to assist) you should get TOP money for it. I would say 4 figures is possible.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....