Scrapping a bx

Anything about BXs
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Scrapping a bx

Post by zebedee150 »

I'ts been about four years since I personally scrapped a car and returned the logbook to DVLA. In this currently PC world, with SORN and Certificates of Destruction is it still possible to dismantle it yourself? Or does it become an Albatross, to be continually SORNed for ever? Or does some this mean an automatic fine from some Goverment Quango or other?

My local scrappy will only give me a COD if it still looks like a car, but to rob it of all the good bits it will have to be chopped to get it off the drive.
Catch Twentytwo!!
Bx'less after 12 years
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

If you look under "the registered keeper" part of your V5 for the vehicle, you will see a box to tick "scrapped" if you personally break up the vehicle.

Can I recommend you do this to a Pug or Xantia, but not a BX :cry:
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi Ken, Ticking the box was generally the way I have done it before, was not sure if that still counted. I was just expecting an automatic £80 fine for - (A) not having a waste license, (B) using a Stil slab cutter in an unauthorised manner (C) some other misdemeanor the thought police may dream up.
Take your point about chopping another BX, but at least this one will die so others may live, and bits will be offered to forum members for small change. The last one to get this treatment was a Xantia Estate :twisted:
Bx'less after 12 years
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i think as long as you notify DVLA the car has been scrapped/dismantled that is your legal requirement to them,

just phone them and ask what you must do to comply with the there law/requirements

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)