How many people use there bxs every day

Anything about BXs
jacksun1987
BXpert

How many people use there bxs every day

Post by jacksun1987 »

How many people use there bxs every day. To get home and work.
Ive moved to tattrshell now. So i need to use the bx everyday. I do 30 miles nearly everyday.
From Tattershell to Sleaford. Sleaford to Metheringham. Then back to Tattershell. Like to go to Sleaford to get some good food lol.

Im quite shocked. I was scared at first. Thought it would break down.lol
But no its superb. Starts up everytime. Plus now ive been using it more. Doesnt seem to lose much oil. The only slight problem is the demister. Doesnt work on the back wimdscreen. So going to be fun in winter. Plus the bx ive got is the only car i have. So ive got no back ups. Like most people have on here.
Yes the streeing can be a bit funny somtimes. Its only hard to trun when going quite slow. And pulsates a bit. But if i can drive it everyday. Theres no reason why somone else cant.
When i got the car yes i was pissed off about the money ive payed for it. And the money i spent on it. But its on superb form at the moment.
When i do come to part with it. You will know. Youll have a very solid and relible car. My not be the prettiest bx on here. But whats better looks or reliablity.

So how many people. Use there bx for eveyday transport. And how many people have only the one bx not a back up car. Like me

THANKS
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Not only is my BX my everyday transport (& currently the only car I've got on the road), but it is the most modern car I've ever owned! The only reason I bought it is because the 33 year old GS that has been daily transport for the last 18 months (apart from 2 months last summer when that duty was taken up by a 54 year old Land Rover!) broke it's sub frame. The GS has been abroad twice this year (France & Belgium, the 2nd with an Indonesian Bekak pedicab in the back!) & I'm taking the BX to Ireland this new year to visit the parents.

All the cars above have been reliable for the most part, and each while in daily use has proved cheaper to keep on the road than a friends modern xsara!

I generally find that no matter the age of the vehicle, you tend to find the 1st year or so is the most expensive, as you put right all the reasons for the previous owner selling it in the 1st place, but even that can be peanuts relatively speaking. With older models such as the BX (Likely to be the most modern car I own for a long time with any luck), at least you can fix the things without an electronics degree!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I use my BX's evryday, or at least did until I crashed the 16valve, so I'm not using that right now.
But most of my driving career has been behind the wheel of a BX, including the TD which I've had for 12 years, and it turned over a million miles last year.
Couldn't even contemplate driving anything modern everyday.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

docchevron wrote:I use my BX\'s evryday, or at least did until I crashed the 16valve, so I\'m not using that right now.
But most of my driving career has been behind the wheel of a BX, including the TD which I\'ve had for 12 years, and it turned over a million miles last year.
Couldn\'t even contemplate driving anything modern everyday.
Whawhawhawhat??!!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

it had a slightly epic fail of the NS drop link (that was brand new and had done less than 200 miles) mid point through a bend. Went with an enormous BANG, the sort of bang you hear you hear and think "that sounds expensive" only I didn't have time to think that since it arsedholed off the road, across the big ditch by the road up to the farm and ended in a bush, which was not the sort of bush I was hoping to finish the day in TBH.

I will fix it, infact Vanster has a strut for me already, so it's a bit of glassing on the bonnet, strut top mounts, cylinder head / down pipe (the exhaust stuffed the manifold which ripped the studs out of the head) a bumper, front cross member, a wish bone and obviousley another drop link..

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Gaybar! Something is conspiring to remove that vehicle from this world isn\'t it? First attempted death by cow, now attempted suicide! What next, A-bomb dropped by terrorists?!

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it wants to die yes.
The funniest bit of the whole episode was, having landed and come to a stop I notice my fag is no longer in my mouth, and there is that distinct smell of burning, so I'm leant forward trying to find it when the farmer wanders over and shouts "oh jesus, I think he's dead!" quite loudly, next I know the doors being opened and the old boy is prodding me.
Having explained i wasn't dead, just trying to locate my ciggy he ceased bouncing around. Having found the fag I decided it was a bit bent and covered in dog hair (dont ask), so I threw it on the field and sat rolling a new one before thinking to switch the engine off.
Nice farmer chappy towed me out of the field and I drove it carefully the last couple of miles to my farm.
I was over joyed that the elusive knocking noise had vanished!

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Hahaha! Yeah the knock had gone because the droplink wasn\'t connected to anything!

Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Kitch wrote:Gaybar!
What's that mean Kitch? :? Apart from the obvious from UD:

1. gaybar

A homosexual watering hole

2. gaybar

gay Beyond All Recognition. Used to describe someone (or something) that is "flaming" gay.

3. gaybar

(adj.) when someone is acting gayer than a fag, one would assume they are being a gaybar.

The word doesn't seem to match the Doc that we know. :P :? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Way2go wrote:
Kitch wrote:Gaybar!
The word doesn\'t seem to match the Doc that we know. :P :? :wink:
I\'m being a \'phobe, and you clearly don\'t know Doc as well as I do :lol:

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Bastard proxy server keeps adding backslashes every time I write a comma.....see: \\\'

Can\\\'t even use grammer on the web these days!

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Kitch wrote: I\'m being a \'phobe, and you clearly don\'t know Doc as well as I do :lol:
ssshh, thats our little secret! Now the whole world will know!

I suspect the proxy server maybe uses a different ASCII set or something?

Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Erm, yeah that\'s exactly what I was thinking. It\'s one of those ACSIISCZEE SSD driver system errors isn\'t it?

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

quite possibly mate. I suspect the proxy server is using an American keyset?
It's not that much of an issue I guess, using ALT codes every time could become tiresome pretty quickley!

rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Time to prat with CODEPAGE, or equivalent. This can be fun, especially as I often have to deal with Russian characters too... :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk