How many people use there bxs every day

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

sarahjaneking wrote:when I'm not behind the wheel of my TXD I drive my hubby's money pit (sorry TZD LOL) both are K plates and I love them 2 bits, hoping they'll both be roadworthy come may so we can all go on holiday (4 kids :shock: )
2 bits? Is it a cut and shut?

Having been BX-less for a while now obviously I don't drive one daily. I used to though and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not all old cars need constant daily running though, I have a Blueturd automatic that I just use whenever I feel like it. It can sit for days on end and still start first crack and runs like a sewing machine.
Vauxhall apologist.
sarahjaneking
BXpert
My Cars: 1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch
2006 Silver C8 2.0 Hdi

Post by sarahjaneking »

cavmad wrote: 2 bits? Is it a cut and shut?
TZD certainly sounds like one :shock:
1993 Silver BX 1.7 TXD Turbo Hatch (although I don't know where it is - seriously!!!)
1992 Black BX 1.7 TZD Turbo Hatch (we've been apart for 3 years but now reunited)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I will do when I get bastid thing started!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
billvin

my everyday BX TZD

Post by billvin »

I use my Bx Everyday, because I have a BX TZD and A BX 19RD estate.
The TZD has just had it's MOT today and needed a new front brake caliper a bottom ball joint and a return pipe £215 all in and that includes the cost of the MOT. I think this is very good motoring costs for the year.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Dont use my BX everyday as i use my pickup for work but it gets used for nearly all my other driving needs. Wouldnt hesitate to take it on any long journey whenever the need arose.
Great motor.

Andy
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

We use our TZD daily as our only car - just got back from a 400+ mile eBay collecting trip - fast, comfortable and economical...
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
ben
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ben »

Use my TXD for work and workhorse duties, do at least 130 miles a week in it. Have other stuff that gets used mainly at weekends and in the summer ,but i've used the bx for work for the 5 years i've had it, only had a couple of incidences needing garage attention ,all the rest is just the usual maintenance and consumable stuff like exhaust,brake pads etc, i change the oil and filter once a year . Cheap, reliable ,and practical motoring that to buy cost me less than the monthly HP payment on a new car. 8)
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I shall quantify my earlier post, that just said, yes i do.

I do infact drive my BX every day, it now does about 120-150 miles a week normally.

Im more than happy with it :)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
MalTZD
Confirmed BX'er

Post by MalTZD »

Mine was purchased to be my daily driver.
I do approx 300 miles a week in it (50 mile Mon-Fri commute). I am also not afraid of using it for longer runs. The most recent being Lincoln to Brighton the weekend before last.

It averages 50mpg and touch wood so far no problems.

Its booked in for MOT on Saturday, as far as I am aware nothing needs doing, fingers crossed.
BX TZD
SAAB 99GL
Suzuki Alto
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

my BX was completely reliable for the time a ran it, i think they like being used. I did about 20k in 2 years and it kinda sat for a while when i got my XM but its gone to a good home so i'm happy. I miss the economy and chuckability of it though. I did make sure all fluids were good though and paid attention to basic service items which on the BX is pretty easy for the DIY car carer, which is one of its strong points as members of this forum are aware!

I miss her.

I don't think i'll be able to complete my years of car ownership without getting another one. Maybe just for a bit...

How many here have experienced the uniqueness of the classic saab 900? If it had hydropneumatic suspension i think it would be my ideal car. Bit heavy though but that has its own benefits. Although not for economy :)
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
harryjoe

Post by harryjoe »

Mine for now is my daily driver,
Only recently purchased, following the very sad sale of my XM, :cry: :cry:

But this is my first BX , and i have to say i love it !!, and i think i may even put on hold the purchase of a deisel XM , and look for a good TZD.

I Love it, but the Misses is :oops: :oops: when out in it.
But there again, some people have no taste !! :lol: she can stick to her Clio..... Hummm !!!!
1991 BX 1.6 TGS Athena 99k
1985 16 RD 164k Resting in the barn
1989 16 RD 189k Also Resting
1995 Clio 1.4 Auto 38k ( HER CAR )
2003 Scenic Privalage + 61k
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

harryjoe wrote:the Misses is :oops: :oops: when out in it.
Same here...only it doesn't seem to matter what car I drive or for that matter whether we're in a car at all. :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My ex / best friend / oh you get the idea thinks the BX's are like whales, or Wales, I'm not sure which!? but she likes the ride (more than she did from me :wink: ) and the doggies like the cars too, so in my book, since the dogs like them, they're cool
Oddly the doggies seem entirely unimpressed with the bus...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

One of my earliest memories is of being sat next to a nun on a bus and immediately, and spontaneously, projectile vomiting. I was ribbed by my family for a long while afterwards - "Ahhhh, you're the spawn of the devil...", and such like. :twisted:

My dog prefers the TZD to the 14 but has never been on a bus. When I had a Saab (that lasted for two refuelings) he preferred that, but possibly because it still smelled of my deaded friend :wink: )

Back on topic, I've been running the figures through in my head and I thin the 14 works out cheaper to run than the TZD... I might have to commit some figures to paper to confirm this.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I suppose if you're doing a low mileage, the lower road tax offsets the fuel consumption difference - actually, with the difference in fuel prices it must be pretty close just on fuel costs?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad