my mums bx with 25000 miles

Anything about BXs
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

my mums bx with 25000 miles

Post by goldenbrown »

hello all!

hope someone can please help, my mum has a citroen bx tgs with 25000 miles on the clock, full service history one owner. she can only drive an automatic,so rather than let her round off the corners i thought i would try and get a valuation!with the hope that it might be worth enough to buy her a automatic!

all the best

goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

the car just needs a clean the paint work does not have any marks at all its in show room condition!the inside still has that new car smell.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

What a beauty, lovely miles too, the petrol autos arent THAT popular but thats something special,

I would also try car and classic which is a free website.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Roverman wrote:What a beauty, lovely miles too, the petrol autos arent THAT popular but thats something special,

Thanks,the bx is Manuel,think we are going to look at buying her an automatic fiesta.any idea how much we could get for the bx.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

goldenbrown wrote:
Roverman wrote:What a beauty, lovely miles too, the petrol autos arent THAT popular but thats something special,

Thanks,the bx is Manuel,think we are going to look at buying her an automatic fiesta.any idea how much we could get for the bx.
Ahh my mistake, I dont think you will have any problems selling that as the manula is more popular, with the history and low mileage I would be asking good money for it, it must be the lowest mileage BX left??

I would still try car and classic, purely as most guys on here have at least one (some have 5+) BXs already.

If you have no objection I will also host it on the citroen car club website too.
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Roverman wrote:
goldenbrown wrote:

Ahh my mistake, I dont think you will have any problems selling that as the manula is more popular, with the history and low mileage I would be asking good money for it, it must be the lowest mileage BX left??

I would still try car and classic, purely as most guys on here have at least one (some have 5+) BXs already.

If you have no objection I will also host it on the Citroën car club website too.
I would love to buy it from my mum and keep but have no room in my garage!this car has been kept in a garage all its life and been serviced every year regardless, some years its only done 200/300 miles!!I am going to get it professionally valeted,the citroen dealer told me it's a museum piece.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Value is tricky, but I'll stick my neck out and say £700-950 seeing a good BX up for sale is getting rarer by the day it seems. Lovely looking car.

Thing is, a lot of the value is in the low mileage, and if someone buys it and piles up the miles it will affect value meaning it'll depreciate. Something us BX owners don't often need to worry about. :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Value is tricky, but I'll stick my neck out and say £700-950 seeing a good BX up for sale is getting rarer by the day it seems. Lovely looking car.

Thing is, a lot of the value is in the low mileage, and if someone buys it and piles up the miles it will affect value meaning it'll depreciate. Something us BX owners don't often need to worry about. :lol:
Thanks,I am trying to buy it but she is thinking of trying to drive it!!I bet she would fail her test if she had to retake it!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I'd reckon on about £650-£700, perhaps more ona good day. Probably worth advertising it in a few classic car magazines for about £850/£900 and seeing what offers you get.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Value is tricky, but I'll stick my neck out and say £700-950 seeing a good BX up for sale is getting rarer by the day it seems. Lovely looking car.

If it were a 16v or TZD turbo at that miles you would have people lining up to buy it and £1500+ would be an easy price to obtain, the "cooking models" do fetch quite a bit less but I think phil is on the money as the miles really do make your mums car unique.

My own 16 had 16000 miles on when it was sold buy its original owner in 2004 (at 15 years old), its now on 43000 which is still very low but doesnt have the "wow" factor.
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Thanks for the advice!I am going to have it detailed to see how good it comes up then i will decide whether to buy it or not.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I would buy it. You won't regret it, the BX 16TGS is a nice ride. Does this have PAS though?
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Philip Chidlow wrote:I would buy it. You won't regret it, the BX 16TGS is a nice ride. Does this have PAS though?
yes it does!always had new cars so going back to something so old is a concern :? would it have air con
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Highly unlikely to have air con, but will be surprisingly well-equipped for an 'old'car. Ventilation in the BX is good, and the sunroof is huge compared with some newer cars. Why not try it, see if you like it, (and the BX is a car you don't see very often now, so a good one will attract glances!).
goldenbrown
Confirmed BX'er

Post by goldenbrown »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Highly unlikely to have air con, but will be surprisingly well-equipped for an 'old'car. Ventilation in the BX is good, and the sunroof is huge compared with some newer cars. Why not try it, see if you like it, (and the BX is a car you don't see very often now, so a good one will attract glances!).
sorry I don't mean 'old' as in not good just always had 'modern' cars I am going to give it a go, will tax it Monday! :D

thanks for all the advice, just need to work out how to work the suspension the lever next to the hand brake!