BUM...

Anything about BXs
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

as Mr Crow says dont react,

Police take a very dim view of street racing at the best of times and the younger you are the harder they will be on you.

Since getting my golf gti everybody seems to want to race me, usually when they see its not a youngun they back off though.

got stopped by a motorcycle cop the other day ( before the snow ) because he wanted to question an overtaking manouvere I had just made ( yes I knew he was a couple of cars behind me ).
I overtook a car , an artic and a tractor in one hit.

When I explained that before I indicated to pull out
I made sure I had a clear view ahead of about a mile and checked that I had room to pull in between the artic and tractor if neccessary his attitude changed.

I also explained that I knew the road very well as I use it twice a day everyday and there were no junctions or farm pull outs that could cause a problem.

He smiled and said , the most important factor here is your age and your attitude,
no kid would have thought the manouvere through, he would have just gone for it and to hell with the consequences ,
we shook hands and I left with him calling out , "nice golf by the way "
Now I get a friendly wave everytime he sees me.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

N.A.C.A.B.... :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

It's scumbags like this that spoil it for all of us.

I'm just about coming out of the "Young driver" stage myself, and it's horrible to be tarred with the same brush as this guy. People just think we're all like this. You're inexperienced so you must be some kind of cretin who doesn't know how to drive. I got overtaken the other day. In a 20mph school zone. In freezing conditions. by a 40-ish year old man in a 10-year old Volvo. I wonder if the Christian fish on the boot would protect him from killing a kid or old lady crossing the road? I see lots of bad driving from young drivers, but I also see equally as much bad driving from people of all ages.

It's good to know I'd be treated fairly if I was stopped by the police after performing a perfectly safe overtaking move though. Oh wait... :cry:

Oh, and Phil, I'd offer to bring that bumper down to you, but it'd work out cheaper just to bring you one of my own in terms of distance. Also, I'm back in a 16v now so fuel wouldn't be too cheap :lol:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Bumper being couriered at only £28 door to door, so not a problem. Thanks Matt.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Saw tht boy racer againe tonight. I phoned the cops. But i need the reg number. For them todo somthing properlly
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Don't know whether it applies to all police forces - but certainly in surrey you can go to the cop-shop and ask for an 'allegation of bad driving' form.

This is a form you fill in with all the details of what happened - yes you'll need the reg number so they can identify. If the police receive several forms relating to one driver they can act.

The least that usually happens (even with just one allegation) is they find out who it is and drop by to see them and give them a bollocking - usually has the desired effect.

Some time ago - lovely quiet sunny day - I was chatting to a neighbour and boy racer with a car full of mates came tearing into our little cul-de-sac and drove a couple of times at speed across the very pleasant green in the middle of what used to be called a 'garden suburb'.

I filled in a form - after a couple of days the police called me - they had called on the guy - he'd owned up to it - he'd got the bollocking - he said he wouldn't do it again. Sorted :-)
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

i think they going to send us a form or somthing like that
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

A well lobed molotov cocktail has a more immediate detering effect I find.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

docchevron wrote:A well lobed molotov cocktail ............
Why do I have this sudden mental picture of Big Ears swigging from a bottle of four star ..???? :wink:
grecian
Confirmed BX'er

Post by grecian »

I recently reported some twattish driving down here in Devon. The driver had two small children in the back to compound the offence. I'm not wasteing my time again. Apparently they are loathe to go round and have a word as they are concerned about being sued; you need an independent witness - preferably a pedestrian. What was I if I wasn't independent? It really does make me think about how little I am prepared to do to support the police.
previous- GS, Visa, 19DTR, 4x4, now ZX 1.9D and 1985 BMW M5
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Some policemen are great, some are not, the system as a whole is shite.

I do find it grates heavily with me that the local neighbourhood has been going into rapid decline here int he last few weeks, not just motoring related, but anti social behaviour, kids, thefts, assaults yadda yadda yadda.
I've had cause to phone the plod 3 times this last week, and whilst the operative's have been very understanding when I pointed out that if caught anyone in the act of vandalising my car, or trying to break in to my house / car / the neighbours house / car etc I'd use whatever was to hand to defend my property I was told that I'd be arrested for doing so.
Erstwhile little toe rags (who are pretty much all known to PC knacker of the yard) are free to do what they please it seems.
Seems a bit odd to be told that I should "leave these things to the police" when they wont do anything without proof, and even when they do, the courts are so fucking lame now the crimes are laughing whether they get caught or not.

In my view, if someone wants to do me harm, be it personal harm or damage / theft to my property then if I catch them at it, why shouldn't I give them a damn good hiding. Justice at source.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

round here I am well known to the authorities so when I do call the police they know its serious ,

by reporting suspicious oiks lurking around, the police got here in time to catch a guy leaving the scene after he had stabbed one of the neighbours ( wasnt actually the guy he was after) hes now serving 7 1/2 years.

On information given by me someone has just been done for benefits fraud . He was claiming disabled living allowance for his kids that had been in care for two years to the tune of £16,000 .

The same bloke is due a visit by the drug squad for supplying any day now.

I suppose in some areas the police are just overwhelmed with dealing with scrotes and have to prioritize .

It Would help if half of them weren't having to deal with these thugs pretending to be students protesting in London
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

docchevron wrote:
In my view, if someone wants to do me harm, be it personal harm or damage / theft to my property then if I catch them at it, why shouldn't I give them a damn good hiding. Justice at source.
That interpretation of the law was changed a while back as far as I remember. You are allowed to defend your property. If that means you've got to give a burglar a bit of a bonk with whatever's to hand then so be it. In a situation where I had to make a snap decision I don't think I'd be considering my legal position first.

When the local scumbags tried to break into my garage one night they were quite surprised to find that I sleep/live in it. They ran like the wind when I appeared with my baseball bat (I turned it myself too). I've also had to explain to owners of aggressive dogs that I will defend my dog if he's attacked.

They don't like it up 'em.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Back O/T :D

Looks like I might have settled, and will get enough cash to pay for the new exhaust, bumper (and painting it) and paying Phil some £££s for his time when we come to weld it plus have a little left over for a working radio to put in it (it's not had one since I've owned it).

In the meantime - to make the wing watertight again (until we weld), I cleaned up the inner arch/wing holes, stuck a bit of aluminium mesh over them, sealed the lot up on the inside with adhesive metal foil tape and slapped some underseal on the exposed outer portions - as well as wire brushing and Kurust treating any other bits of corrosion around the rear quarter parts usually covered by the bumper. Took the old broken bumper off and was relieved to not discover any further unknown rusty bits. Solid. Put the secondhand bumper on (now cleaned and with another coat of primer plus nearly matching gunmetal paint from a couple of rattle cans). The finish is pretty crap but it is temporary and I must say it's a million times better than it was. Rather than refit the trim strips I salvaged all the clips and used a carefully applied strip of black insulating tape. From a few feet away in all honesty you wouldn't notice.

So, until that damaged corner can be properly repaired and the rust holes and split seam dealt with by arch-welder Kermit, it'll do.

Every cloud has a silver lining and although the timing could've been better, I'm glad the state of that rear n/s corner was revealed in time to save it.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Good news Phil, it will be much better post accident than before when its all sorted.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....