swapping HP pumps internals

Anything about BXs
B-Hive
BXpert

swapping HP pumps internals

Post by B-Hive »

I have 2 spare HP pumps one internally tired and one purportedly with a cracked casing but good internals..How easy is it to transplant the internals from one pump to another??

If easy enuf this could be a low cost solution to the GT's poorly pump..

Also whilst on the issue of pumps (again!!) ..I have finally managed to tune the GT and got a nice slow slow and steady idle (700rpm)..

However at this speed the pump's noise is quite a distinct cyclic knock..

question....i have heard tell that a flat accumulator can have a nasty impact on a pump and can crack the case. I'm thinking the noise I'm getting is just the sort of racquet that might well cause a crack eventually..

anyhow just a thought
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Muiruri
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Muiruri »

It can be done.http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12007. Watch out for the two seals. fond of leaking.
Sammy Muiruri

1988 BX 19 GTi
1976 GS club
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

:idea:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

There was a bloke selling the complete pump seal set on ebay.de last week for €10 inc. postage in Germany. I can ask him if he'll list it again if anyone's interested and post further afield.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Muiruri
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Muiruri »

For anyone planning to overhaul their HP pump in the near future; it would be wise to buy them.
Sammy Muiruri

1988 BX 19 GTi
1976 GS club
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I see that he has relisted these seals but gives no price for posting other countries.
Not sure if many of those seals are used in the BX pump.
Still, not a bad buy for 10EUR.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

There was a bloke selling the complete pump seal set on ebay.de last week for €10 inc. postage in Germany. I can ask him if he'll list it again if anyone's interested and post further afield.
As tempting as that item is, from my limited interpretation skills, that seal kit looks like it is intended for the 6+2 pump, which is only found on the Xantia and XM.

Otherwise an excellent use of the scissor jack to remove the pulley, and split the casing off the pump :wink: