Words of a Citroen Salesman!

Anything about BXs
tim leech

Words of a Citroen Salesman!

Post by tim leech »

As most of you know I work nowadays for a VW dealer in burton upon trent, selling new and used veeedubs, and generally there damn good motors if a little bit on the pricey side but the quality is very good.

Today ive been down at VW/Audi Group UK at milton keynes (the home of the roudabout!) for a briefing on the new Jetta (golf with a boot) and new Fox (lupo replacement), As usual there were salesstaff aplenty of all walks of life and ages, one of the guys in my "team" worked for Citroen for over 20 years, from the mid seventies onwards, of course I asked him about his time with the our favourate car!

What a great car he said :lol: , the diesel was a fantastic seller and outsold everything else in the range, and bx diesels were twice as popular as petrols, he said they would charge £500-£1000 over "book retail" price 8) for used (diesel) estates and they always sold no problem as did the hatchback.

How times change!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I'd be interested to know what his thoughts/memories/anecdotes are about the GS and GSA... :)

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cant imagine our paths will pass again as hes down south and im up in the midlands! He remembers selling 2cvs tho and said they were piss easy!
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

2CV's sold themselves after about 1980 becuase to but one you had to be the sort if person who wanted one anyway :-)

I used to work for a BMW dealership and one of the guys there was an ex-Cit slaesman. Described my CX's as the most expensive car to run in the world, but i thought that was unfair :-)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No thats Ians 4x4!
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

That was because the only thing that could outpace a GTI or Turbo2 was its own depreciation curve.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Those were the days when Quentin Wilson used to refer to diesel BXs as "steady retail stock" - at a time when he also sold cars as well as pontificating about them.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

That was because the only thing that could outpace a GTI or Turbo2 was its own depreciation curve.
True enough when they were new, and if yu had them dealer serviced, LHM leak sir, certainly obviously needs new this, oh that didnt cure it, ok it needs this, oh that didnt cure it and so on and so on.................
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"