Tried

Anything about BXs
rmattila
BXpert

Tried

Post by rmattila »

Last weekend's project was to weld the underside of the Break of the Lady of the house in order to be ready for MOT on Monday. All started well enough when the welding wire reel got finished during the first patch. Well, even an 18 kg reel will end at some time, so I put in a new one and continued with the steerboard section. Then it started to snow, most of it directly into my overall past the neck where it melted, whereas the fingers were somewhat stiff in spite of the mild -10 C nice winter weather.

On the last patch, I run out of CO2. This is way beyond odds: running out of both wire and gas during the same smallish project. And it was Saturday night, all businesses were closed, and there was no way to get gas except by change finding a hardware store selling disposable 1 kg bottles, or buying a SodaStreamer cartridge and engineering an adaptor for the freak 4,4 mm trapezoid thread. I was starting to think about putting sugar and yeast to a 60 l mortar bucket and directing the resulting co2 into the inlet of the compressor, but was luckily able to find a 1 kg bottle and machine an adaptor for it. ( to be continued)[/u]
Speechless quad lying flat on his bed, communicating by moving eyes.
BX Van 1.9D -90 Gone.
BX Van 16S -90 For sale.
BX Van 1.9D -90 (Earned!) Gone.
BX Break 1.9D -90 (officially a "5 seat van" since 2005) Waiting to be towed to a new home.