New arrival pending

Anything about BXs
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

toddao wrote:Respect to you for the effort - mark it down as an adventure. When you eventually get it you'll be even more stoked ( is that phrase still in usage in Aus?).

I know what you mean about the chiropractor. I hired a similar small car for a weekend a couple of years back and I could barely walk on the Monday so harsh was the ride.

Are you going to source another Octopus in Aus ( another adventure I reckon) or make up a repair kit from odds'n'ends? A couple of lengths of LHM friendly piping and a couple of plug in connectors?
Thank you.. it was quite exasperating (probably more so given time limitations) ..After having sussed out the octo-nuisance in such detail ..i can't see it being hard to cut it out and either mount my spare octo on the fire wall with extended pipes or just use a generic junction hub fitted (again) to the fire wall. I really can't see why the octo wasn't mounted more accessibly in the first instance (aside from say 250 grams or extra pipe work)
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

Mickey taker wrote:I know time was limited but its a shame you couldent have hired some sort of transporter to get it back home.
would have probably worked out about the same as the cost of hiring the micra and another air fare to go and get the car and you may not have needed the chiropractor :lol: .
about $800 to get it back on a truck...not cheap but worse case scenario ..not too bad.. probably $140 for another airfare and a few more days ..then a rewarding drive back (fuel $150)

PS the micra used on average 7.5l/100km ..not good ..the BX would have done that easily on 4 cylinders..
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed