The Green Tiger Returns?

Anything about BXs
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

The Green Tiger Returns?

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've been offered The Green Tiger back. Problem is, she's in Ramsgate currently, with a completely borked wheel bearing. Logistics are proving problematic! Anyone doing the challenge fancy warming up their tinkering skills before getting the ferry? :wink:

More seriously, would I be right in thinking that one fix would be to take a hub assembly with me and fit it? Not my idea of fun to be honest, but I'm considering all options (including asking Shiply for quotes). I'm looking at spending at least £200 if I drive my Maverick to Kent (over 300 miles away!) and drag it back.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Taking a spare hub would be the best bet I think - not a difficult job to swap at a roadside compared with changing the bearing!

I'm leaving at 9am tomorrow, do you need a lift? :lol:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

If I had a spare hub, possibly! Sounds a bit too much like I could end up stuck in Kent with a broken BX. Though there's always breakdown cover...

(how long would I have to leave it between adding the BX to my insurance policy and then using the breakdown cover therein to get home?)

EDIT - Actually, I'm looking at shipping prices to bring it all the way here. Makes life a lot easier and still works out cheaper than buying a different BX.
Sathos

Re: The Green Tiger Returns?

Post by Sathos »

in theory 30mins until she's yours hehe
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: The Green Tiger Returns?

Post by Dollywobbler »