BX Club at the NEC - cars offered

Anything about BXs
Birotor
BXpert

Re: BX Club at the NEC - cars offered

Post by Birotor »

Presume we will get the list of selected cars in good time?
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

All cars have been selected and all owners have been informed. Thanks for your offers!

All cars need drip trays - perhaps several in some cases! You can get cheap ones from various places. I'm not intending to buy any club ones.

Cars should have low fuel amounts on board - not that it's ever checked, but please don't fill up before bringing the car into the halls! Batteries WILL be disconnected, so make sure you have any memory codes saved.

Cars will need to arrive at the NEC on Thursday 15th November any time between 9am and 10pm, but PLEASE let me know when you're likely to arrive, as I don't really want to spend 13hrs standing around watching my watch. I'd suggest from 5pm onwards, with those bringing promotional material, banners and signs to be earlier rather than later so we can ensure we've got everything in place before 10pm. The doors will then close.

Show opening hours are 10am to 6:30pm Friday, 9am to 6:30pm Saturday, 9am to 5pm Sunday. I do NOT expect car owners to be around for the entirety, but car owners get first refusal on the exhibitor passes (I will have 10 for each day). Other club members are very welcome to lend support over the three days and I'll share out the remaining passes. If you have an exhibitor pass, I DO ask that you to spend a good chunk of time on the stand, but we should have enough cover to allow those present to have a good mooch around the halls, especially at quieter times.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Cheers Ian. =D> I'll bring along the BXclub banners. Got some A4 promotional brochures that came with the valver that I will photocopy and laminate. How many are crashing at Tim's pad? I'm bringing the caravan so can offer a bunk if anyone needs accommodation.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Mark can put two people up in BX HQ on my drive, and I have a spare room with single bed, and of course floor space. I have two sofas down stairs but they are large two seaters and wouldnt suit anyone of manly proportions. Theres a chip shop 100 metres from my front door (honestly) and a hot and cold running drinks etc.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Chippy! Did somebody mention a chippy!? :)
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I'll have a saveloy and chips please Tim. :)
Mark Smith

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

They are reputed to be the best chippy in the county (and do great kebabs) but is a distraction when im outside spannering or cleaning the fleet and the aroma of chips wofts down the street!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

As someone who was not in the running anyway, can I ask why the list of cars for the stand has not been published ?
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

They have, on another post, there was not a "running" as such, just people who volunteered who can spare their cars, their time and of course without wishing to offend having a car that is presentable enough.

They are as follows
Mark Smiths P1 16v with Challenge Stickers

Eoin Sloans mint 16TGS Estate with 25000 miles on

The Red Baron 19TGD

My Mk1 19DTR

And hopefully Mike Sims 19RD estate aka Timex

That way we have 2 Mk1's (one restored and one not), two Mk2's (one estate Petrol and one hatch diesel) and a 16v, plus we tick the box to have one that is loved but tatty (Mike Sims estate)

There are some omissions of course, theres no TZD Turbo this time, no BX sport and no GTi 8v, but to the general public I doubt they could tell them apart.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Exactly. I think it's better to try and evoke the 'I had one of those!' type memories. Having Timex and the DTR sitting next to each other will be superb! Same engine, same colour, rather different condition...

Actually, if someone brings a door hinge pin tool, we could put Timex's doors back on the DTR! You wouldn't mind would you Tim? :P
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:Actually, if someone brings a door hinge pin tool, we could put Timex's doors back on the DTR! You wouldn't mind would you Tim? :P
[-X
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

All excellant choices , I must have missed the other thread, thanks guys
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Mickey taker wrote:All excellant choices , I must have missed the other thread, thanks guys

Mick we would love to see you on the stand of course if you can make it!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I will try to get up there, just depends on going on down here, got lots of court cases regarding the foster children coming up and a small claims court action (no I'm not the defendant lol) but once there out of the way things should get easier
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Just to confirm - Timex is a go! \:D/

I'll be up at around 7pm on the Thursday, complete with plastic tarp to park on (as the size drip tray I'd need wouldn't fit in the back :oops: ) and will have an hour or 2 to help set up etc. before I catch the train back down.

Unfortunately I'm working Friday & Saturday :roll: , but will be up as early as I can Sunday - I'm trying to talk a mate into a lift up at the moment as the alternative is arriving Saturday night and sleeping at the station (if they don't throw me out :lol: )
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!