BX Club at the NEC - cars offered

Anything about BXs
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - cars offered

Post by Dollywobbler »

Mike - if you've got stands and things, it'd be fun to make Timex look like the Work In Progress that it is. That'd go handily with the plastic drip tray! I'd hope to have one car in a raised state anyway (the others can be allowed to sink) and perhaps we could remove a wheel.

If you have a car on the stand, can you please drop me a PM with some key info - when you purchased your car, any big jobs done, any big drives done, annual mileage (estimated if you've only owned it for a short time) and anything else of info. I don't need reams of info - I just want bullets that can be read at a glance but I'll vary the categories for each car depending on what's of most interest. Remember that the 'theme' of the show is all about the stories the cars have to tell - whatever that really means...

I'm going to produce standardised info sheets for each car with key model info and the above. Does someone have a good BXClub logo?
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Ian, Eoin Sloane has asked us to send him some info on the cars so he can produce some 'crib sheets'. Do you want us to still send you a pm?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ah, ok. I'm losing track! I'll drop Eoin a line.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Mike - if you've got stands and things, it'd be fun to make Timex look like the Work In Progress that it is. That'd go handily with the plastic drip tray! I'd hope to have one car in a raised state anyway (the others can be allowed to sink) and perhaps we could remove a wheel.
I'm sure I could sort something out - either a couple of stands / blocks, or a pair of ramps. At a 2CVGB stand at the Bristol Classic Car Show a few years back we stuffed a pair of overalls and put them under a bodyshell while we were concentrating on the mechanical side of a chassis swap!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!