BX Club at the NEC - Post-event discussion

Anything about BXs
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Re: BX Club at the NEC - people offered

Post by hilarystone »

Fine for Sunday. Do you have any spare tickets for Friday too? I could do the show on Friday and then spend the whole day on the Stand Sunday.
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - people offered

Post by Dollywobbler »

That will probably be ok Hilary but I'd like to make sure everyone is happy with the stipulated days as listed, hence keeping a couple of tickets in reserve.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - The People Thread

Post by Dollywobbler »

Tickets for the stand cars and occupants will be going out in the post tomorrow. Mark - I'm sending yours to Tim so he'll have wristbands for yourself, himself, Sandre and Tom. I'll try and find out where non-stand cars park on the Thursday Sandre as I need to know myself...

I'm not planning to send out wristbands to people attending on the various days because it starts to add up on postage. Just make sure you have my mobile number and I'll nip out to meet you when you arrive. If you're attending subsequent days, get wristbands from me before you go home/to hotel. Similarly, exhibitor parking passes will be dished out as required. You only need them to leave the car park at the end of the day, not to enter.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Cheers Ian. Looking forward to it. Do we establish a stand attendance rota in advance, or just make it up as we go along. I'd like to have a nosey at the other car club stands if possible.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Just make it up Mark. I don't want it to feel too regimented. People will have time to explore (earlier and later in the day recommended. Tends to get VERY busy at times).
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Dollywobbler wrote: Just make sure you have my mobile number and I'll nip out to meet you when you arrive.
O.K. I assume you will be p.m.ing us your contact no.

What would be a good eta on Saturday Ian ?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

9am or thereabouts probably best. Any later and you'll find it gets very busy, with long queues. Rather than PM everyone (I keep filling up my inbox...) I was going to post my mobile in the members only section. I'll do that now if I can remember which bit is members only...
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

RE : Long queues: The correct drill if you are going to be collecting a wrist band is to go to the nearest access to Hall 7 ring and wait and when you get it brought to you, you walk to the head of the queue for Hall 7. Wristband wearers ie bonafide Stand Workers can go in and out any Classic Car Show Hall at any time the show is open that day. Knowing that means that you can take short cuts as well when you are off the stand seeing the show. Similar of course applies if you are already in possesion of that days band having got it from Ian before going home the night before.
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Working on the umbrella, wife has found it, currently scrubbing the mold off it, if it survives is anyone travelling through M6 J2? It's 15 minutes from the NEC so probably not a problem for someone to nip there at some point, but if someone is passing and doesn't mind collecting then let me know.

(PS wife is on nights, so it needs to be someone good with zombies!)
andysm

Post by andysm »

Good Luck Hope to see Photos Soon
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well the stand looks great! Photos to finish
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

First pics from the show just before the public came in… Its looking superb, a great credit to Ian, Tim and all the others who have worked on it.

Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
excellant effort all of you
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Great! The Red Baron looks resplendent too :) Mind you, they all do. Can't wait to see more pics and hear what Joe Public thinks...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Looks like the plan has come together well. =D>

Good position by the bar too. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto