BX gets an MOT. Horray

Anything about BXs
adamskibx
BXpert

BX gets an MOT. Horray

Post by adamskibx »

Well it failed the first time, but now I am £375 lighter, she has a ticket. Its gone to my brother as he will need it as he is trying to get a job or do mobile painting and decorating. I felt slightly ripped off by the garage concidering I did most of the work. They would never have been able to get it an MOT without me, as to do the welding (which came to £200 on its own), they had to remove the LHM tank. My fault, but they did it all in the wrong order as they had to remove a front sphere, and they were going to carry on taking it off with the suspension on high so I panicked and lowered the car, splilling the entire contents of the system all over the engine.

Then once the job was done they had to get new LHM from round the corner. I explained that the system would need bleeding and the pipe feeding manually with a funnel, but they would not listen and told me that only brakes need bleeding! Eventually, I just bled it myslelf and told them what to do. Where I really felt ripped off was on replacing the strut return pipes. I saw them do them and they took about 5 minutes a side. He said, I am only going to charge you £50 for the pipes! :shock:

Now, I am tackling the Fiat X19 electics and plan to MOT that early August. Just got the pop up headlamp motors to service and brake balance to sort on that..Oh and a severe hot starting problem! At least the BX will be solid for the next few years at least.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: BX gets an MOT. Horray

Post by citsncycles »

Congrats on the Pass 8) , but it does sound like you need to find a new mechanic :shock:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!