introduction.

Anything about BXs
really?
BXpert

introduction.

Post by really? »

Hi everyone.
i'm not new to bxing as i have had 4 or 5 over the years, but am now in possession of a diesel estate. i only ever had a quick go in a turbo one and am in the process of fitting an xud7t in mine. have replaced all the leak back hoses (given up calling it an octopus and getting a blank look from the main dealer) bought them under a month ago using the part numbers and diagrams found on this forum, thanks to whoever put them up, citroens ones are useless. old octopus was not too bad just stiff, but its really easy to change without an engine and box in the way. have followed conventional routing. just made some new fan mountings for the second fan and once they are on its all engine in time. new droplinks have arrived and i've done the bottom balljoints. still can't get over how easy everything is to do on the car. i did have practice on cheap bxs that needed keeping on the road though. i'm also doing the timing belt and having read about splitting diaphragms on injector pumps was wondering how easy they are to replace? and am presuming it will be easier out of the car? any one think of anything else that is harder to do with the engine in? (apart from the clutch). i also require a spring clip to hold the clutch cable to the gearbox as it is different to the n/a one. anyone know where i can get one and what to ask for? thanks again, information on these older cars is invaluable.

i also run an audi 100 (type44) and a 200 quattro turbo. 3 rare old beasts. lucky me. parts are easier to get for the bx though!
mat_fenwick

Re: introduction.

Post by mat_fenwick »

Welcome along!
really? wrote:new droplinks have arrived
This might be of interest!
really? wrote:diaphragms on injector pumps was wondering how easy they are to replace?
Do you have the Bosch (easy) or Lucas/CAV (apparently not so easy!) pump?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Welcome bud,

be nice to see some pics when don.
also, some info on where you got your octopus would be great.

Andy
really?
BXpert

Post by really? »

bought the octopi from Hartwell Citroen in Abingdon. main dealer. told them what i wanted and gave them the part numbers. parts were delivered to them within 48 hours, allegedly from France. 96056235 i believe is the brake leak back cost 39.66. also bought the large and small octopi 96 119 048, 96 030 258. believe those last two were the correct no. the many piped one cost 62 quid the other was a bit less, can't find the receipt at the moment.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi,
just been onto the main stealer in Tun Wells and have just ordered the same so its nice to know these things can still be obtained.

Many thanks for the heads up. now all i need is a MK 1 heater matrix. Any ideas?

Andy
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Mothman wrote:Hi,
just been onto the main stealer in Tun Wells and have just ordered the same so its nice to know these things can still be obtained.

Many thanks for the heads up. now all i need is a MK 1 heater matrix. Any ideas?

Andy
Hi Andy,

[-o< PM sent !

:D