Bye bye rear windscreen.

Anything about BXs
Wooscary
BXpert

Bye bye rear windscreen.

Post by Wooscary »

Argh. Woke up this morning to find a nice big hole in rear screen.

IMG_3326

IMG_3327

If the screen people can't find one, I'll obviously be engaging in a plea to anyone who may have one for sale. Cheers.

It was quite amusing on the phone to them, him asking "Ooo, is it green tint, gold tint or clear?". I told him if he's got a shelf full of gold ones he's on to a winner!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: Bye bye rear windscreen.

Post by Mickey taker »

Wow who did you upset Martin ? Can't believe they pulled the rear wiper off to smash the glass with
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Bastards, wonder if you can rescue your BX club sticker? On the plus side if you get a new one any broken HRW lines will be mended!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

The sticker will be rescued somehow.

Just had a call from the screen people, they've sourced one, it's a green tint, but I'm not that bothered, at least one is available and it's new.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Result, even so its £50 or so excess you shouldnt have to pay! Had the same done to a new Rover 214 I had in 1999, the local lunatic had a passion for keying or smashing windowd any new cars the neighbours bought and got away with it until someone had CCTV installed!
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

The rear screen on my 16V was broken a couple of weekends ago by a stone thrown up by a car passing in the opposite direction. My car's insured through Footman James and their screen company found a hatchback one. And they brought an estate rubber by mistake when they came to fit it. But the difficulty with the rear screen is that it is bonded and a toughened glass screen so I think its very difficult to remove one in one piece...
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

75 quid!

Oh well, it's a bitch, but I figure never had a smashed window/dents/keyed in five/six years of motoring. Not a bad innings really.
Also, even though this is a generally nice quiet area, it's still inner city Manchester, car parked in a bay right next to the pavement which goes directly to the subway under the Mancunian Way. Apparently a load of bus shelters have been smashed from here all the way up Oxford road to the city centre so it seems like someone's had fun. Hopefully if I ever manage to get through to the police they'll have the intelligence to link these events and track down some CCTV.

Hilary - that's a pain! Yeah, the glass guy said that it was a fully bonded one so needs doing in the dry (what's that mean?), so I'll probably take it over to their workshop once the screen arrives from whatever dusty corner it's been living in for who knows how long.

This is why my premium is so high I guess.
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

that it was a fully bonded one so needs doing in the dry (what's that mean?),
It means you cannot bond screens in when its raining! But at least I now have the rear screen heater working and that will be bonus for you too.
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Ah I meant what does "dry" mean, sorry should have been clearer :D.

Yeah, my screen heater was pretty good already, but I'm definitely looking forward to the green tint. Ha ha.

Just been looking at your site, you've got some seriously nice frames on there, very tempting.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Bloody bastards Martin.
Its a crying shame that some ignorant cretin did that to you. If i could knee cap him for you i would!!

Ive got an Estate tailgate, not in too good nick but you are more than welcome to it.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Mothman wrote: Ive got an Estate tailgate, not in too good nick but you are more than welcome to it.
Andy

And its red afaik!
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Andy, that's a really kind offer, thanks very much! It would make much more sense in some ways to replace the whole tailgate, as the paint on mine is pretty much the only part that lets the car down, but you're certainly a fair way away! :D

Have to see how it goes, hopefully tomorrow this fabled green tint screen will be here.