Powerful Vacuum Cleaner

Anything about BXs
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: Powerful Vacuum Cleaner

Post by Mickey taker »

Only on BX club would you get men praising the attributes of a hoover ,
Anywhere else you'd get " better ask the wife mate , I never go near the thing " :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Mickey taker wrote:Only on BX club would you get men praising the attributes of a hoover ,
Anywhere else you'd get " better ask the wife mate , I never go near the thing " :D
As Hoover is a trade name and everyone has voted for other makes then your statement is technically incorrect; Only on BX club would you get men praising the attributes of a Henry! :D
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
merlyn
BXpert

Post by merlyn »

My mum has a Miele and it came with a little case of car attachments, I just wish that they fitted on my machine, she has the attachments but no car and I have the car but no attachments! The great thing about these attachments is that they have really thin nozzles and little brushes for getting down between the front seats and all your other nooks and crannies and run off a full power mains vacuum.

I would like to get a rechargeable hand held vac for occasional car cleaning and was wondering which ones would be most effective, I had one years ago and it was truly rubbish, I could've done better with a straw.
1992 BX 1.6 TXi automatic Bleu Sirene
(now sadly gone)

1999 Xantia 1.8 SX automatic Gris Quartz
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

[quote="merlyn" The great thing about these attachments is that they have really thin nozzles for getting down between the front seats and all your other nooks and crannies and run off a full power mains vacuum. [/quote]

aaah you mean a crevice tool for all those cooks and nannies :shock: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Jane re handheld rechargeable vacs, get a Dyson. brilliant little things.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

In the Car Mechanics test, it was the Dyson DC44 which had the best performance, but at that price you would expect it! The overall winner was the Sealey CPV144 at around £40, which I may give a try.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Defender110 wrote:
Mickey taker wrote:Only on BX club would you get men praising the attributes of a hoover ,
As Hoover is a trade name and everyone has voted for other makes then your statement is technically incorrect; Only on BX club would you get men praising the attributes of a Henry! :D
oh Kevan , you are in danger of replacing that other great pedant that is no longer with us you pedantic bugger :D :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I know, I know, it's an age thing i think :roll:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

One of the best and cheapest vac's I've ever used is the cheap range you can buy from Screwfix / toolstation and similar. It's sold under several different brand names, and is sometimes 1000w, sometimes 1100w, but is a decent wet 'n' dry vacuum, with a nice big bucket to collect all the crap you vacuum out of your car. Usually cheaper than £40. Screwfix were doing the next-up model, which has a stainless steel body for £35 recently (normally over £60) and these are unbreakable.

Noisy though. I put a 20 meter air hose on mine so that the vacuum can be elsewhere!
this might be a signature