The transpennine transplant.

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bear with me sorry Aaron, I forgot about that.....
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

118,444 Aaron, hope that helps.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Many thanks i can put that in the service history.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

This post tells me that I've landed on the right forum :D What an example of team work....If ever there is another team effort going I would love to be invited as I have so much to learn...I make a crackin cup of tea and pass spanners beautifully!! and would look forward to increasing my knowledge so I can eventually pass some on myself.....brilliant
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Daneinter, indeed it was cracking teamwork. It also meant I met another member of this forum (Sleepy) and hopefully I`ll be adding Philip (Chidlow) to my list shortly. I also learned how to change the front spheres thanks to Ken and Aaron which I`m sure will come in useful in the future.
I`ve said this a few times before and I`m more than happy to repeat myself: I`m a member of quite a few forums/clubs and whilst they all have their own unique attraction there truly isn`t another as good as this one.
Camerarderie, advice, help, the preservation of the BX marque, offers of (quite often free) spares and possibly the most important bit fun and friendship are the things most other clubs/forums can only dream of.
I came here originally looking for advice on my TGD hatchback and since then I`ve owned about another 5 or 6 BX`s at least. I think that sums it up really.
Vauxhall apologist.
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

I have read through a lot of old posts and the other thing which seems abiding here is that once you get the bug your wallet gets a bit of radical surgery :cry:

I suppose I could stop now (just say no!!) before I get truly addicted but on reflection Bu**er it.

I have this mental image of a group sat round in overalls and someone stands up and says " my name is mad pete and its 3 weeks since I bought a BX!!!
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

My name is Aaron and its been 5 1/2 years since i got addicted. :oops:
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

My name is Oscar and I'm on my second. I thought I could control it, you know, maybe have a ZX instead, or a Pug 106, but I've got to admit it, I'm hooked.....

Well done guys, a great effort and very true to the spirit of the forum. You are great ambassadors for the BX.

O
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

My name is Dean and I've owned 4 BX's over the last 10 years although I've been driving them for 16.Welcome to BX's anonymous,Daneinter. :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

My name is Billy and I get withdrwal symptons if I don`t buy something BX at least once a week.
`er indoors suggested cold turkey, or rather has threatened to bin my computer, if I don`t stop soon. Trouble is what would life be like without a BX to mend or a missus to annoy?
I feel a Country and Westen style ballad coming on here.......time for a lie down I think.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

My name is Stewart and I am a BXaholic :) I could stop, but I will not just yet
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi .....I'm Terry ......I've run 2CV's for over 30years .....2years ago I wanted "something bigger" to tow a trailer tent with ....and I bought a BXTZD 'cos it was [a] A Citroen, Cheap & [c] Deisel .....wish I'd bought one years ago.
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

OH MY GOD!!!!

How good is ken! Thats impressive mate! Glad to hear it all went so damn well. Appologies for not joining you, i've been without internet for two weeks now, some sort of viral infection which i think i now have licked. Also been 400+ miles round wales with a trailer, got MattWrays BX through the MOT FIRST TIME! (all be it the second time we had driven it to the bottom of the drive to find some other major fault and take it back into the garage!). Finally figured out what my electircal problem was (glowplugs staying on permanantly!). I'm also now Captain of Liverpool University Canoe Club (so just call me captain vanny from now on!)

Any pictures of the new car/engine on the road yet?
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Yes vanny go to page 4 of this posting there is a series of 9 pictures.

Its runnin well except the replacement box is a bL4 not a bE3 and the diff is a different ratio so foot hard to the floor and about 4300Rpm it does 85Mph flat out.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Should accelerate like a turbo then with that gearbox!

jeremy