Project G16VBX

Anything about BXs
JayW
1K Away

Project G16VBX

Post by JayW »

Many of you will know of my long-suffering Valver which has spent much of the past 7 years locked away in the garage awaiting completion of it's re-invention as a road-legal track-racer.

For the last 3 years it's been stored over 200 miles away following us moving home, but today it's finally come home! :mrgreen:

Work will continue in earnest next year once my new workshop is built, but in the meantime i do at least have space to finish rebuilding the engine!

A more rust-free BX you're not likely to find, not a spot on her despite the years of storage.

Chuffed to have it back in arms reach! :D
I have zero patience for your tedium.
bxzx16v
BXpert

Re: Project G16VBX

Post by bxzx16v »

Good luck with the work Jay, that's a nice combo of a Bx16v and a laguna 8).

Mark
bx petrol auto saloon
BXpert
My Cars: Citroens SAABs and Vauxhalls

Post by bx petrol auto saloon »

That is lookin' the bizz isn,t it, nice colour too =D> 8) awesome.
Passion Hydropneumatic Citroen,s

Cars;- 1993 White Citroen BX 1.6 TXi petrol
saloon auto with air-con & ABS.
47,594 Miles from new.
Owned for 3 years sorned.
1988 Silver SAAB 900i 2.0 8v F/lift,
saloon 5sp with 3 spoke Ronals,
69,000 Miles from new.
Owned for 15 years T & T.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent, Do I see a roll cage? is it a track car?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

First 16v I ever went in and the car that convinced me I HAD to buy a BX 16v :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Kitch wrote:First 16v I ever went in and the car that convinced me I HAD to buy a BX 16v :lol:
Oh and you were soooo young too... and with considerably less hair iirc! :lol:
That must have been about 2005/6 ???

Yes Tim, that's a cage and it will be a track car, but road-legal too (which was a MUST from the beginning).

Incidently, i've just dug out the log book and it's 10 years next month since i bought it and what a bargain it was!

I'd been hankering after another BX after i'd stupidly sold the GTi Typhoon to a guy in Belgium and finding a 16V back then was harder than it is now. So i just wanted another GTi.

There was an Ad in the local paper for a "Citroen BX GTi - OFFERS", no details or specifics and no MOT. So i rang it and the guys wife said she didn't know much about it other than it was White and that he'd bought it for a project but changed his mind and needed it gone. She said to come down at 5pm when he finishes work and she'll let him know i was coming.

Off me and a mate went to Ringwood and as i pulled up onto his drive my eyes lit up! There she sat in all her glory, a bit of moss and cobwebs, but a gloriously shiny 16V. I said to my mate I don't think the £500 in my pocket's gonna be enough!

Anyway, a genuinly nice guy, he'd bought it to use the engine for a kit-car longitudinally and he'd realised it was more work than he thought so changed his mind. We jump-started it and i tore off round the industrial estate at the end of his road, lighting it up at every opportunity. Everything worked, the condition was immaculate except for a very small crack on the bumper and it only had 73k on the clock. Now i KNEW i didn't have enough cash!

I said to him "what sort of money you looking for"? to which i got the usual "make me an offer". So i jokingly said (as you do when someone says make me an offer) "50 quid plus the £100 tax on the window" and without battering an eylid he just said "Yep, that's fine" and I nearly passed out from the shock. :lol:

Turned out he was under the impression it needed a lot of work for th MOT and was just not interested in the hydraulics.

2 weeks later, with a couple of tyres, a battery and some very minor fettling it was MOT'd and on the road. 2 weeks after that it was on the track at FCS'04 at Bruntingthorpe being thrown around by an inexperienced pilot with Vanny riding shot-gun :mrgreen:

I would sell my soul to Allah before i gave this car away, i love it more than my house, wife, kids and legs... (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration).

But it is my most prized possession! Men and their toys eh?!! ^^bx>
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I would sell my soul to Allah before i gave this car away, i love it more than my house, wife, kids and legs...
Good man Jay.

that is EXACTLY the attitude cars should give us occasionally. We've all had that one or two cars that gets us this way and big ups to you for not giving in and sellling.

It is exactly the feeling my old black ph1 16v (RIP F500 MOD) gave me the first time i got caught up in a little 'spirited' driving with an xr3i back in 1998.

Now get it sorted.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

JayW wrote:
Kitch wrote:First 16v I ever went in and the car that convinced me I HAD to buy a BX 16v :lol:
Oh and you were soooo young too... and with considerably less hair iirc! :lol:
That must have been about 2005/6 ???

Yes Tim, that's a cage and it will be a track car, but road-legal too (which was a MUST from the beginning).

Incidently, i've just dug out the log book and it's 10 years next month since i bought it and what a bargain it was!

I'd been hankering after another BX after i'd stupidly sold the GTi Typhoon to a guy in Belgium and finding a 16V back then was harder than it is now. So i just wanted another GTi.

There was an Ad in the local paper for a "Citroen BX GTi - OFFERS", no details or specifics and no MOT. So i rang it and the guys wife said she didn't know much about it other than it was White and that he'd bought it for a project but changed his mind and needed it gone. She said to come down at 5pm when he finishes work and she'll let him know i was coming.

Off me and a mate went to Ringwood and as i pulled up onto his drive my eyes lit up! There she sat in all her glory, a bit of moss and cobwebs, but a gloriously shiny 16V. I said to my mate I don't think the £500 in my pocket's gonna be enough!

Anyway, a genuinly nice guy, he'd bought it to use the engine for a kit-car longitudinally and he'd realised it was more work than he thought so changed his mind. We jump-started it and i tore off round the industrial estate at the end of his road, lighting it up at every opportunity. Everything worked, the condition was immaculate except for a very small crack on the bumper and it only had 73k on the clock. Now i KNEW i didn't have enough cash!

I said to him "what sort of money you looking for"? to which i got the usual "make me an offer". So i jokingly said (as you do when someone says make me an offer) "50 quid plus the £100 tax on the window" and without battering an eylid he just said "Yep, that's fine" and I nearly passed out from the shock. :lol:

Turned out he was under the impression it needed a lot of work for th MOT and was just not interested in the hydraulics.

2 weeks later, with a couple of tyres, a battery and some very minor fettling it was MOT'd and on the road. 2 weeks after that it was on the track at FCS'04 at Bruntingthorpe being thrown around by an inexperienced pilot with Vanny riding shot-gun :mrgreen:

I would sell my soul to Allah before i gave this car away, i love it more than my house, wife, kids and legs... (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration).

But it is my most prized possession! Men and their toys eh?!! ^^bx>
2004 mate; I bought BAH in June 2004 and it was a month or so prior to that. I've got shorter hair at the moment though!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Jesus, that must have been just a couple of weks aftr i got mine on the road.

How time flies!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

JayW wrote:
Desperately trying to keep a bacon buttie on the inside, while watching the wing mirrors wearing out on the black top.

It's going to be an epic project when finished, think you can get it finished before 132?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Kitch wrote:2004 mate; I bought BAH in June 2004 and it was a month or so prior to that.
Funnily enough I bought mine in 2004 as well!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
themildbunch
BXpert

Post by themildbunch »

Wow, what a beautiful car..

What is it about white valvers? I bought my Phase I in 2004 too, just before my son was born and it too has been garaged far too long...
1988 BX 19 Gti 16v
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
1991 BX 17 TZD Estate
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Vanny wrote: It's going to be an epic project when finished, think you can get it finished before 132?
Scarily, probably not! :lol:
frog
BXpert

Post by frog »

This thread reminds me of this movie: Love the Beast

Having just bought (Last weekend) a white '93 16valve to be a road legal track car, this thread is relevant to my interests!
1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

JayW wrote:
Vanny wrote: It's going to be an epic project when finished, think you can get it finished before 132?
Scarily, probably not! :lol:
We need to have some kind of celebratory get together once this, 132 and my Stellar are all finished. Probably close to Stroud to save on Doc's fuel bill...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad