they just get better

Anything about BXs
B-Hive
BXpert

Re: they just get better

Post by B-Hive »

Ok so its probably been a while since a drive in a CX, DS or GS, but really a well sorted BX (mk1) is hard to beat..

The steering response is digital, and, even with half good spheres, has a D feel...

I would not have believed it but, as I said, suddenly my driving approach has a very Laissez-faire approach in the GT

Also my research has revealed that the "big 75 stamped" spheres that I've referred to are actually CX front jobbies...
Hence the confusion..These babies are identical to the MK1 front spheres except are pressurised at 75 and have the bigger orrifice....

As I have a pair of the 75's . they will be regassed and fitted to the MK1 TRS, however i will leave the 55's on the GT for a let us say sportier feel...

To reaffirm the thread.. Not one other car in my garage/collection has the same steering-road response to the BX. This includes Alfas and top of the range Saabs Aeros..
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Re: they just get better

Post by Stinkwheel »

To reaffirm the thread.. Not one other car in my garage/collection has the same steering-road response to the BX. This includes Alfas and top of the range Saabs Aeros..
Now this I can agree with :)

The BX is a...... think, make inputs, it goes exactly where you wanted type of car. The non power steering models being the best IMO.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"