BX Buyers Guide

Anything about BXs
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Re: BX Buyers Guide

Post by Paul296 »

this was supposed to have been a PM which I posted by mistake ( :shock: ) and now I can't work out how to delete the post . . . . sorry. 8)
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Whilst the mag feature is of course interesting I suppose, the last thing most of us here need is a buyers guide written by a journalist. As actual owners we know better than most what to look out for.
Any BX publicity is good publicity so,'LIKE', but I won't be buying the mag just to read stuff that I already know myself about our car.
I am not sure that copyright law really needs to be invoked for a harmless non commercial forum posting which could be regarded as free publicity by the copyright owner. But of course everybody seems to be becoming a lot more litigious as our society matures.

Where's my coat, I'm off.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think it's fair to say any 'fuss' is not about litigation, more about respect ;) and Paul, we all make posting errors/slips, so three Hail Mary's should do it lol ;)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I think you should ALL buy a copy! :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Tim Leech wrote:I think you should ALL buy a copy! :wink:
I agree, but you can't buy a copy in Brazil or Finland. I suppose there's a downloadable version, but I'm sure Practical Classics will be able to absorb the financial disadvantages caused by me sending a scan to a couple of our overseas members. :)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Subscriptions are available worldwide. £68 for a years subs to Brazil.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I doubt it would cost much to post to Brazil airmail anyway?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I've just spoken to James Walshe - Practical Classics deputy editor. The official line is, they would prefer if we waited to until at least next months issue is out on the shelves, which I feel is an entirely understandable response. As James pointed out, if everyone just scanned and copied features, no one would buy a copy and there would be no magazine. So if we wait a couple of weeks, then we can copy the feature in its entirety. 8)
Last edited by mds141 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Does that mean this none publishing of the published, a month early, means it is the last chance for a cheaper BX, as the new prices are not set? :lol:

I cannot remember the last time I bought a car magazine. Even on my fav topics I really found the quality of the information was not up to that supplied by such as Jenks, Alan Henry, Bill Body and co. of Motor Sport, Automobile and early Thoroughbred and Classic. Maybe there are only so many times you can read the same information in differing ways, before you get bored. But I still get a kick out of pulling an old copy of those magazines, and dipping. They were excellent and form a library of researche material on my shelves. To many times I got irritated by inaccuracies in more modern issues. Then again we have a new generation of journalists, so maybe I should have another look.
The second prob I have is in not really recognizing a lot of the moderns as classic. Quite frankly most do not interest me. Thats being an old fogey. I probably ought to know more about them.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars