Hello

Anything about BXs
Pilau123

Hello

Post by Pilau123 »

New member today, just wanted to say Hi and that it is good to be driving a BX again after a 15 year brake.
Have already realised that man cannot survive on one BX alone so on the look out to try and replace that car I wish I had never sold back in 2000, if anyone knows of a 1.7 TZD estate going spare please let me know.

Also, a long shot I know, but if someone on here knows what happened to K310XPA, a White TZD Estate, I would like to know, last taxed in 2004 so probably long departed.

Chris
O K310XPA, K310XPA, wherefore art thou K310XPA (Sorry for selling you so long ago, the DTR is just not same)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Hello

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Chris,

Did you pick up that gorgeous 19DTR from Northampton?

Welcome aboard.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Pilau123 wrote:New member today, just wanted to say Hi and that it is good to be driving a BX again after a 15 year brake.
Have already realised that man cannot survive on one BX alone so on the look out to try and replace that car I wish I had never sold back in 2000, if anyone knows of a 1.7 TZD estate going spare please let me know.

Also, a long shot I know, but if someone on here knows what happened to K310XPA, a White TZD Estate, I would like to know, last taxed in 2004 so probably long departed.

Chris
Welcome aboard,
Love my ^^bx> Valver
Alan
Pilau123

Post by Pilau123 »

Hi Tim,

Yes I bought the 19DTR, complete luck that it turned up less than 5 miles from home!

Chris
O K310XPA, K310XPA, wherefore art thou K310XPA (Sorry for selling you so long ago, the DTR is just not same)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Welcome Chris

You have a beauty there! Whats the pans for her? Daily driver or show and shine?
Pilau123

Post by Pilau123 »

I'm going to run her through the summer and give her a good shake down, the car is suffering from not being run much.
Already compiling the the "to do" list for the winter so next year she should be all together with some fresh paint in places ready for the show season.

In the meantime I'm searching for another that could be used on a daily basis but still be kept nice, ideally a 1.7 TZD estate, as this one is too good to run over the winter.
Forgot how much I liked BX's. This one is only the third I've owned.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent, she sounds like she is in good hands, keep an eye on Ebay for a set of correct style wheel trims, there were some on recently from BX Pilot, I know of another identical 19DTR in White on a G plate which is a breaker if you need any bits,although the interior has gone.
Pilau123

Post by Pilau123 »

I do need a few bits, has all the interior gone? I need a steering wheel and the interior light covers on the B piller, drivers side wing mirror and the large reflector from the boot lid. There's probably more and if I wasn't moving house soon I'd probably get hold of a car to break myself.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The seats have gone but the rest of it is there, its low mileage aswell, wing mirrors are available new on ebay for not much but are a pain to fit as the door card has to come off. The light covers are the same on all models and are easily sourced, it had the correct style wheel trims from memory.

Large reflector? do you mean the tailblazer, if so they aren't available new and are very pricey used.
Pilau123

Post by Pilau123 »

I'm bidding on some wing mirrors on ebay at the moment so I'll see how they go. I do need the wheel trims and a grey steering wheel as mine is perished.

Yes a tailblazer, if they are pricey I'll get this one plastic welded before it gets any worse.

Have you got the details of who to contact for the bits?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

A new one if you can find one is £100 +! A steering wheel should be easy to find, be aware they did two different shades, the early mk2 86/87 was lighter.