MOT pass, yet again.

Anything about BXs
tim
BXpert
My Cars: 2 1992 BX TXD estates

MOT pass, yet again.

Post by tim »

Well, the White One (TXD estate '92) sailed through the MOT yesterday after a six month rest (well, either deal with the MOT issues in six inches of snow, or a warm summer's evening. Go on, you choose . I got fed up with that). I rebuilt the front end with a new bumper, and offside driveshaft cos the old one's inner bearing had disintegrated (leading to odd moaning sounds from underneath) also two new tyres cos the old ones had gone distinctly bald (hadn't even noticed, tsk). I even managed to get the fan working again. Beastie has now done approaching 290,000 miles so we should cross the 300,000 mark by next year. Today's jobs include a new diesel flexi pipe, belt adjustments etc. Also, mysteriously, back in January the rear strut had started to piss fluid each time it settled down and I had resigned myself to fitting a replacement strut. I don't know what's happened but obviously the LHM Fairy has called as the strut mysteriously no longer loses a drop. And thus passes the MOT. In the meantime I managed to find three replacement struts if needed so there is still hope for supposedly non-available bits.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: MOT pass, yet again.

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Tim

Good news, hope you are well?

Thanks
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....