Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: Quiet Forum

Post by Defender110 »

mat_fenwick wrote:
Defender110 wrote: Unless I'm very much mistaken, Glorybx is a longstanding member who left but has returned under a new username. I'll leave him to 'come out' if he wishes but it's surprising how distinctive a person's style of writing can be!
Then that would further dent his argument, can't stay away! :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

The elephant in the room is that there are fewer BXs now and ipso facto less people to post anyway, be it on FB or BXC.
I see FB as being complementary to BXC not in competition.
I am on FB but feel it has become too all encompassing, selling our details albeit anonymously while the forum is a private place relatively. Using FB may be easier and more simple I suppose but I know which one I actually prefer and as far as convenience is concerned I do not enjoy at all pratting about with a pokey android device to do things and I still use PCs/laptops for home use for the many things that I use my PCs for.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Jaba wrote:The elephant in the room is that there are fewer BXs now and ipso facto less people to post anyway, be it on FB or BXC.
I see FB as being complementary to BXC not in competition.
I am on FB but feel it has become too all encompassing, selling our details albeit anonymously while the forum is a private place relatively. Using FB may be easier and more simple I suppose but I know which one I actually prefer and as far as convenience is concerned I do not enjoy at all pratting about with a pokey android device to do things and I still use PCs/laptops for home use for the many things that I use my PCs for.
Agreed with the first and second points.

The 'security' bit - the only way to remain anonymous on the internet is to not use it. Pretty much everything stores and gives away your data. I've learned to not care, it's the easiest way. I don't live in secret - if someone wants to find me, they've only got to write down my number plate as I drive past :lol: At the end of the FB is a free service, so if you're not paying for it, you're what's being sold. That goes for everything that purports to be 'free'.

As for the Android bit, most websites are easier on a PC or something, yes. But I tried taking my PC into the dentist's waiting room with me, and got funny looks :D
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Jaba wrote: I still use PCs/laptops for home use for the many things that I use my PCs for.
Like playing 'The Rise of the Tomb Raider'..... just try that at recommended specification +, and on an Android device....... :wink: Oh and multitasking with the Bxclub on FB at the same time... :wink:

(win 64, Intel i3770k +, 8gb Ram +, Nvidia 970 +, and that's not at 4k resolution... - basic home computing!)