Back on the road at last

Anything about BXs
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

Back on the road at last

Post by lesg »

Just to let you bxers out there know, got my BX GT back on the road at last, after what seemed an eternity waiting to try and source a carb for her after the chap who tried his hardest to repair my solex, but it even defeated him and he worked for Solex as their carb man. The great chap from Cats and Carbs who goes by the name of George after many phone calls managed to get me a brand spanking weber carb from a very nice man in Scotland, the last one he had and my local garage fitted it and mot'd her and dahdah, she's road legal and can't wait to get her on the road and show her off. I know it won't matter to the classless car drivers, but to me it means a lot to put another GT back on the road and not in the hands of the scrappers. Sorry for rambling on but really I would like to thank all the people involved in putting her back together. many thanks, Les
saintjamesy89
Over 2k
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Re: Back on the road at last

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Hurrah! Another GT on the road. My GT will be on the road imminently, certainly for the X rally next Sunday. Do you have any pictures of yours Les? Mine is a bleu romantique 1985, so has the fuel computer, no side indicators and no stripes.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well done Les!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Well done, good to hear a success story. Don't throw the old Solex, I'm sure it CAN be refurbished.