BX Service Manuals

Anything about BXs
BXTASY
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1988 BX 1.9 GTI

BX Service Manuals

Post by BXTASY »

BXers - out here in the Citroen desert, documentation is hard to come by. I downloaded everything from the BX Project site, have most of the Haynes Service and Repair Manual in pdf, a copy of Revue Technique, and now I came across another manual by Haynes - the “Owner’s Workshop Manual,” published in 1989, at a used book shop in the UK. Is this different from the “Service and Repair” manual?
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: BX Service Manuals

Post by Jaba »

The bookshop manual is the original Haynes from the era and is the manual we all use and love so much (!!??**FF). I don't know what pdf you have but it will be the same thing more or less but with the different title which Haynes moved to some time later.
The Haynes manuals can be found on eBay from time to time by the way.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
BXTASY
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1988 BX 1.9 GTI

Re: BX Service Manuals

Post by BXTASY »

Ok, thanks. I had a Haynes hard copy but lost it, later finding it somewhere in .pdf, which is handy to carry about on my personal portable device. I ordered the '89 version through Abebooks dot co dot uk, although it's coming from another seller. I'm out a whole dollar. Of course shipping is four times that.