Reaquaintance.....

Anything about BXs
Pastis
My Cars: Nissan Note 1.4
Volvo 940 GL 2.0 auto est

Reaquaintance.....

Post by Pastis »

Evening all, forum newbie here.

Previous BX19 DTR owner, many years ago........... But transported me 140,000 miles all over the country. Was as happy on tracks/green lanes as tarmac, took me around the ring of Killarney one weekend, much to the disbelief of the locals!

Which brings me to me reason for being here: Our local (south Oxon) roads are degenerating into farm tracks and I recall how easily I negotiated these in relative comfort. Even deep ruts were negotiated by 'going up'.

I could go the 4x4 route, but that would just be overkill, and not have as much fun...........

So, I'm here, and looking around.

All the best.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: Reaquaintance.....

Post by rutter123 »

Hi there, if your looking for another Dtr then you may be out of luck as there are only a few if any left, there are still a fair few bx's around and a fair selection available on the s/h market with diesels outweighing petrol variants , nonetheless most if not all will require some level of maintenance. Prices vary but I would expect £1500/2000 to buy a very good example or a few hundred will get you a runner which WILL need work with rust being the biggest issue. If you can find a good solid one then you're halfway there. I think more bx's are now being brought by enthusiasts and bx owners of old and helping to preserve the few hundred or so that are left
My advice is, unless you like getting your hands dirty that is, buy the best you can afford preferably with some history, and be mindful that most of these cars are 30 odd years old and lots of parts will be leaking or perished or worse rusted through.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Pastis

Post by Pastis »

Thanks Rutter. I thought that might be the position, but I'm the eternal optimist! I'm not worried about getting hands dirty, I expect to as funds are limited!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

A coincidence here. I am in S Oxon too and have a TD Hurricane which I am going to be selling in the spring. It is a good solid car, well maintained by me along with my GTi. Price will be towards the top end of the price range as it is in good condition. It has some running issues at the moment and I will not sell it until that is sorted, hence the delay.
So if you are not with BX before then you can have a look at it April/May time.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Pastis

Post by Pastis »

Jaba wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm A coincidence here. I am in S Oxon too and have a TD Hurricane which I am going to be selling in the spring. It is a good solid car, well maintained by me along with my GTi. Price will be towards the top end of the price range as it is in good condition. It has some running issues at the moment and I will not sell it until that is sorted, hence the delay.
So if you are not with BX before then you can have a look at it April/May time.

Yes, a remarkable coincidence. I put location 'Oxford' as everyone know where that is. My actual location, in the vicinity of Wantage, nobody has ever heard of!