Early Mk2

Anything about BXs
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Early Mk2

Post by mnde »

News just in...

Yesterday my mate found a note on his windscreen saying something along the lines of "Don't know if it was you who was interested in the red Citroen... but have lost your number... if you're still interested give me a call on... etc."

First of all we thought it was the maroon Mk1 19GT that we'd seen locally last year- that the guy was interested in selling and he took our numbers...

But it turns out to be a car that my mate can't even remember seeing before: it's a D reg BX19 RD in faded red, about 126K miles, towbar, MOT expires in a few days, owner says it runs well and wants around 100 squid for it. We're going to go see it tonight before setting off on our jaunt to Le Mans (4 up in my GSA). It's very local because it lives within walking distance from his house! Will keep you posted!

Cheers,

Mark.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hey, good luck Mark and enjoy Le Mans.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Have a safe journey marty, and did you get your flag?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Have a safe journey marty, and did you get your flag?

Why, is he going as well as Mark? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cavmad behave you knows it friday and my eyesight packs in towards then end of the week, MARK have a safe journey and forget i mentioned the flag! :oops:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sorry Tim, I get even cheekier on a Friday evening because the rigors of work are behind me and a good weekend is ahead :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:Cavmad behave you knows it friday and my eyesight packs in towards then end of the week
You wanna get that checked out mate
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its ok mate its a usual thing the doctors told me it will keep sending me blind, but a fuzzy day after a week of pleasure is a fair trade off!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Latest news on the early MkII is we're picking it up next week, cos according to my mate it "drives nice" and has good ride (although needs an accumulator) and has 4 brand new tyres. Downside is that it has a rusty doorpillar and the doorcatch/hinge has come away, The door shuts ok, but it needs doing asap for the MOT... How tricky is that likely to be to weld a patch in there...? I'll get a better idea when I look at it. Anyway, for £75 who can complain? Oh and it's an automatic!

Cheers,

Mark.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one Mark, sounds like a good `find`. I think there may be a report on welding door shuts in the tech section, I seem to recall Tom has mentioned this before?
Vauxhall apologist.