Sold on ebay

Anything about BXs
ken newbold
Over 2k

Sold on ebay

Post by ken newbold »

Recently I sold some BX ECUs on ebay from cars which I had previously broken up.
I was suprised by the level of interest coming from overseas. I was asked if I would be willing to post to - Belguim, Israel, Greece and even the U.S. :o
In the end two stayed in the UK and the other went to Norway. :o
They think it's all over, it is now!
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I'd love to have a box full of ECUs that been taken out of cars as being "faulty."
It seems that with some people, evrything from a flat tyre to an empty fuel tank is caused by a faulty ECU, so there might be a good e-Bay business there by selling ECUs to them and offereing to take their old ones as part of the deal which could then be resold on the same basis as I reckon you'd sell & buy 100 before you got a crook one.:oops:

Alan S :lol:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Ken -

ECU's are costly from breakers here in DK. Same story in Sweden and Norway.
£200 and up - Bims & Mercs crazy :roll:
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

AndersDK wrote:Ken -

ECU's are costly from breakers here in DK. Same story in Sweden and Norway.
£200 and up - Bims & Mercs crazy :roll:
Flaming hell! Sounds like a good marketing ploy to put them on eBay, question is can I beat Vanny to the local scrappies?!!!
Vauxhall apologist.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

One of the scrappies on Ebay is starting to sell them.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Well I think I`ll give that a crack then when I get the time. BTW, anyone any experience of posting abroad and who`s the cheapest to use? Have someone in south Africa who wants some Cav MK3 parts posting out-the firms I`ve spoken to so far are talking telephone numbers and ridiculous delivery times.
Vauxhall apologist.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

It helps to have an account with one of the firms - rates get a lot better that way. I think that the rates Securicor(?) used to offer me for parcels were OK when I had a lot of contact with them running a books business 5 years or so ago.