Christ on a bike!

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Christ on a bike!

Post by cavmad »

Patience tried to the max this afters. Went to get leather out of TZD and put the GTI interior into it. Got as far as the driver`s seat and door trim and gave up. Door trim went well (unlike last time) but fitting the seat was a bloody nightmare. Got the back retaining bolts in and the f*%^£"g front ones aren`t lined up :evil:
Right, bollocks to that can`t be arsed any longer so on to another job, taking the factory sunroof out of the GTi. Followed Sleepy`s kind advice and ended up getting something wrong and destroying the headlining which seems to be fixed to sunroof. Ah, methinks (foolishly) I`ll undo the 6,496 little blots and get it out that way.
Our survey said UH-OH! and the whole b*&^$"*d lot came off alright-in about 250 f*&^%£"g pieces.
Right, bollocks to that too, let`s find something easy to do instead: put wheel trims onto TZD to replace the alloys. How easy is that? Well, it wasn`t. Two didn`t want to go on and I broke one of the others by giving it too much force.
So, guess what? Bollocks to that too, find something else to do. That didn`t take long, I`ll take some of the badges off. Anyone want to guess what happened? Broke one of those b*&^"$^s as well.
Knackers to it, I`m giving up for today (and the forseeable future) before I break something else.
A soaking wet, severly scraped handed thoroughly pissed off Cavmad signing out from the bodging yard, good afternoon from Chester :cry:

PS If anyone spots the will to live please send it back to me :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Somebody has to.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hello cavmad there are some days that go like that but just think about it, while all the sh*te is landing on you it's giving us a rest but tomorrow hey it's our turn, keep your spirits up matey.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Not really a mechanically minded person then? :lol:

Interior is easy to change, did a complete swap in just over an hour. Never tried messing with a sunroof though....don't want to either. :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

The BX gods aren't shining on you at the moment,I take it?
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

`Fraid not :evil: Nice theory by the way, Geoff, whose turn is it tomorrow? :lol:
Kitch, for some reason I always seem to struggle with interiors. I have had one easy swap so far and umpteen nightmares.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Not a good day, perhaps the mechanical god had his mind on other things when he made you Billy :) The seat runners have differing holes in em, I suggest you fit the front bolts first then the rears should go okay once you have slid the black metal thingy around a bit, make sure to use the oval washers and fit ALL of the bolts otherwise its through the screen complete with yer seat in the event of the uthinkable happening, many years ago i took the entire roof lining out, I seem to remember that the C pillar trims need to come out first, its a new day tomorrow.
stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers, Stewart!
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

take the lead boxing gloves off you heavy handed goit!

Thats some impressive breakages, you've clearly been taught about Vanny units then? One Vanny unit is a measurement of toque exactly equal to the point at which the nut/bolt/screw/thing your trying to undo snaps! Ideally you should always use less than 1 Vanny on anything your doing, however i suspect you may have exceeded 1 vanny today?
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Vanny wrote:take the lead boxing gloves off you heavy handed goit!

Thats some impressive breakages, you've clearly been taught about Vanny units then? One Vanny unit is a measurement of toque exactly equal to the point at which the nut/bolt/screw/thing your trying to undo snaps! Ideally you should always use less than 1 Vanny on anything your doing, however i suspect you may have exceeded 1 vanny today?
I always seem to exceed 1 Vanny unit :( :( :(
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I like that one Vanny, I suppose application of a Vanny unit is followed by the phrase "Its gone all loose!"
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Bleeding heck billy not a good day them mate :roll: :wink: :wink:

Anyhow how hard can you make it to remove a bx sunroofthere easy done few now. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thanks cavmad, who's turn is it tomorrow, now lets see, nah or it might be --------- safer to let it bide I think, wont take any bets!!!
Cheers.
Geoff.
PS Ya I know I'm a coward but better a live coward than a sh**t on hero.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

sleepy0905 wrote:Bleeding heck billy not a good day them mate :roll: :wink: :wink:

Anyhow how hard can you make it to remove a bx sunroofthere easy done few now. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not when you`ve been up since the crack of dawn doing your son`s paper round, you`ve had a(nother) crap day at work, it`s p*ssing down, your people carrier has two pages of failures on the MOT, you have hands like shovels and you`re not in the best of moods they`re not :shock: :D
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Oh dear billy I know what you mean Had days like that what has the people carrier failed on. :)
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

You should have let the site goat do the jobs instead :twisted: :wink: