BX locked......... key inside = DOH!!!!!

Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Er, several PM's sent! But as Vanny quite rightly points out, if someone wants to get into your car, they will!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Terry Brooks wrote:It seems that if you lock your keys in your car or ....as the writer on the other forum suggested ........lose your keys, your car can be opened by phoning home [no jokes about ET ..please :shock: ] and having some-one operate your spare remote-control/plipper? :? over your home phone & mobile,whilst holding the mobile near to the car it will open the car door :shock:
Now I dunno if this works ........
Terry
Hhmm, I think I can understand how some plippers might work doing this but if you have an original CX/BX plip (or indeed any plip that uses infra-red) I really dont know how holding it to a phone would help! Unless maybe if you have a video phone with unbelievably good refresh / frame rate????

I agree with Vanny, dont lock your keys in the car!! and if you do it often, buy a ford since any ford key will indeed open any ford (up to about 1995 anyhow).

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Yep ........it's prob'ly only cars equiped with ultrasonic plippers .......I've just re-read the post ......seems the only car it has worked on so far is the VW Passat ....all kinds of comments that it dont/wont work on Volvo's,Ford Takeaways [ :D .I like that one] Land Rovers :shock: , ...........Morris Minors :shock: :D ,Citroen 2CV's :shock: :roll: :D
T.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Terry Brooks wrote:Ford Takeaways
Love it ! :D :D

I can confirm it doesn't work on BX /CX / ZX /Daewoo Kalos.

I knew it wouldn't but I was bored so.......

Cheers
Chris G