Recaro Seats

Anything about BXs
User avatar
Way2go
Over 2k
Posts: 7279
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: RCoBerkshire
x 2

Recaro Seats

Post by Way2go » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Has anyone installed these seats in the front - or is this considered descending into barrydom? :wink: :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto

User avatar
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Post by Ian_Fearn » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:36 pm

I used to have a sporty little Fiesta with Recaro's. They are very figure hugging but i prefer standard BX seats.

My mate had some too, his missus was quite a large girl and she used to complain they hurt her legs.
Over and out from me

tim leech

Post by tim leech » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:58 pm

I cant see any benefitover the Gti/TZD Turbo style seats. The bx seats er one of the best I have ever tried and Ive had alot of cars lol!

User avatar
Kitch
Over 2k
Posts: 6209
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Fareham, Hants
x 50

Post by Kitch » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:35 pm

They're probably better than the GTI/TZD ones, but I doubt they're any more supportive than the proper 16v ones like the Monza and Le Mans etc. They're probably less comfy too :lol:

Stewart (oily!)
1K Away
1K Away
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: North Wales

Post by Stewart (oily!) » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:04 pm

The better seats as fitted to GTI, TZD Valvers are considered pretty good seats, IMHO the recaros would have to massage my butt and dispense free beer whilst gaining me an extra 25 miles per gallon before Id part with money for them :wink:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft

User avatar
Way2go
Over 2k
Posts: 7279
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: RCoBerkshire
x 2

Post by Way2go » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:16 pm

Stewart (oily!) wrote:The better seats as fitted to GTI, TZD Valvers are considered pretty good seats, IMHO the recaros would have to massage my butt and dispense free beer whilst gaining me an extra 25 miles per gallon before Id part with money for them :wink:
Stewart
I tend to agree, but free beer dispensers :shock: with our laws - maybe not. :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

User avatar
Terry Brooks
BXpert
BXpert
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:53 pm
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:40 pm

I've never had a car with Recaros in it .......but they'll have to be good to be better than the standard seats in my TZD [or the BXGti seats I have in my 2CV]
Terry
'92 BXtzd
'88 2CV6
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence

User avatar
Vanny
Merseyside resident
Merseyside resident
Posts: 3446
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:48 pm
Location: BX Pub
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2
x 16

Post by Vanny » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:21 am

Ian_Fearn wrote:I used to have a sporty little Fiesta .

And i had this beast of a 1.9 N/A dieseil RD BX that could have Ferrari 353's off the lights upto about 80 mph,, sporty fieasta :D

User avatar
Kitch
Over 2k
Posts: 6209
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Fareham, Hants
x 50

Post by Kitch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:29 am

Vanny wrote:
Ian_Fearn wrote:I used to have a sporty little Fiesta .

And i had this beast of a 1.9 N/A dieseil RD BX that could have Ferrari 353's off the lights upto about 80 mph,, sporty fieasta :D
Whats a Ferrari 353? :lol:

User avatar
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Post by Ian_Fearn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:49 am

Kitch wrote:
Vanny wrote:
Ian_Fearn wrote:I used to have a sporty little Fiesta .

And i had this beast of a 1.9 N/A dieseil RD BX that could have Ferrari 353's off the lights upto about 80 mph,, sporty fieasta :D
Whats a Ferrari 353? :lol:
Never said it was fast.... Just looked sporty! :roll:
Over and out from me

User avatar
Way2go
Over 2k
Posts: 7279
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: RCoBerkshire
x 2

Post by Way2go » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:25 pm

Terry Brooks wrote:I've never had a car with Recaros in it .......but they'll have to be good to be better than the standard seats in my TZD [or the BXGti seats I have in my 2CV]
Don't know whether they still do them but you used to be able to get electrically operated and contourable Recaro's. Now they will be better than the standard GTi or Tzd seats.

The adjustment benefits of electric are not a one time thing but allows you greater comfort on long journeys by being able to adjust the seat whilst driving. This is something I miss from the Saab as a daily driver.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

User avatar
Kitch
Over 2k
Posts: 6209
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Fareham, Hants
x 50

Post by Kitch » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:37 pm

Way2go wrote:
Terry Brooks wrote:I've never had a car with Recaros in it .......but they'll have to be good to be better than the standard seats in my TZD [or the BXGti seats I have in my 2CV]
Don't know whether they still do them but you used to be able to get electrically operated and contourable Recaro's. Now they will be better than the standard GTi or Tzd seats.

The adjustment benefits of electric are not a one time thing but allows you greater comfort on long journeys by being able to adjust the seat whilst driving. This is something I miss from the Saab as a daily driver.
You can adjust the BX seats while driving?

User avatar
Way2go
Over 2k
Posts: 7279
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: RCoBerkshire
x 2

Post by Way2go » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Kitch wrote: You can adjust the BX seats while driving?
Ahh - but electric seats usually offer more operations like height & tilt etc. Also if you want to adjust front to back when driving, this is safe and convenient with an electric seat but less than slick on a BX (much as we love them!)
1991 BX19GTi Auto

User avatar
Kitch
Over 2k
Posts: 6209
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm
Location: Fareham, Hants
x 50

Post by Kitch » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:17 pm

I dunno, personally I'd rate a better seat as to how comfy and supportive it is over a journey. A seat that doesn't need to be adjusted is a good seat. And I drove from here to Shropshire and back without adjusting the 16v seats before it had leather.

User avatar
Way2go
Over 2k
Posts: 7279
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: RCoBerkshire
x 2

Post by Way2go » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:02 pm

I'm quite happy with the GTi seats and have driven to Inverness & back on more than one occasion but I'm just saying that there is an advantage when on a long drive especially on motorway hauls in having this facility.
Theres always room for improvement ie in the Saab95 Aero with leather seats you not only have seat heaters but built-in individual aircon too. Now that might not be essential but it is desirable and you do feel a benefit from it. :D But hey, it's horses for courses isn't it. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto