http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p308 ... ll_photos/

Let me know what you think.
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Welcome to the BX club by the way.

Looks very good. I dont think they do 14 over here with the rear spoiler and so on. I might be wrong. Looks like a fun car. Mind you, you want to watch out for that dashboard polish considering you live in Malta it may reflect the sun and bother you while driving.. It does look very shiny and reflective!! Good luck with it.
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

Thanks Adam, it isnt really that reflective. The reason why its so shiny in the photo is that today is an extremely hot day with no clouds in the sky and being the "expert" photographer that I am, I took the photo facing the sun.

I think the spoiler was put on after the car was bought.
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Not bad at all, I wish I had inner wings as tidy as yours........
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Good car! Cleaning and polishing to come then, a task that I don't envy you under that hot sun! :)
I guess a dust coating is continually gathered in your environment. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Right hand drive and the speedo in mph, you could bring it over here and drive as it! Hmmm thats opens up new avenues for rust free cars!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I think there were export restrictions on old cars from Malta! - Part of their heritage or something.
OwenS
BXpert

Post by OwenS »

Very nice. Great to have another 14 TGE in the club! :D
2007 Sportka
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I envy your weather :D
Over and out from me
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

Thanks for all your replies.
I'll just clean it for now, ill polish it once I have fixed the dent and scratches.
I'm not entirely sure what export restrictions you are talking about, do you mean something like trying to send a car overseas from here, because it is entirely possible.
The weather can get a bit tiring. I have to walk around University in this heat, good thing most of the lectures have aircon!

Unfortunately, fortune is not smiling on me today. Today I decided to clean the radiator.
I flushed the radiator out a few times and used a cleaner, however now there's a problem. The car starts well and drives well, but after a while the Stop light comes on along with either the coolant level warning or the coolant temperature warning or both at once. Plus the exhaust is quite cold when it starts.

Any ideas? I'm going to try again tomorrow maybe something just got a bit too wet.
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Sounds like you have airlocks in the cooling system.
Did you bleed the air from the system using the bleed screws on radiator & engine. (Some also have bleeds on the Heater pipes.)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Kingswell
BXpert

Post by Kingswell »

I did not bleed any air from the system, I think that its working again now. I took it for a drive this morning. At first it was a splutering a bit but it evened itself out slowly. The lights did not come on once.

I think the water just needed some time ot circulate around the cooling system which would explain why I needed to keep filling it since yesterday even though there is no leakage.
BX 14TGE
Peugeot 106XN