Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

JEEEESUS :shock:

Thats a scary picture!

Well done mate, great news 8)

Now the addiction will really kick in :twisted:
M

Post by M »

And it all started off with someone sending me this....

Smoke test only 0.58 - impressed - perhaps the unleaded and last nights little burn down the bypass did the trick.

Weird to compare it to the HDi - that seems to be a fairly constant delivery of power all the way, you hardly feel the turbo cut in about 1600 at all.
BX tough seems to be, Nothing, nothing, nothing yet, Oh christ my eyeballs have just been forced through the back of my head.....
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Well
Last edited by tom on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Mr B wrote:JEEEESUS :shock:

Thats a scary picture!

Well done mate, great news 8)

Now the addiction will really kick in :twisted:
Must be something about the air 'up north' over there. I come from that way originally and they use me to scare naughty kids too. :shock: :shock:

Many congrats Marty, good to see another back in the fray.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:JEEEESUS :shock:
Thats a scary picture
They say owners look like their dogs - looking at this photo I actually look a bit like one of my patients..... Send for the little yellow van, quickly...
M

Post by M »

A trip to Mr B's this morning yeilded the sight of his feet, and several hundred weight of BX glovebox bits.... This is the end result of half an hours fettling (and it locks with the key too!)

Will let you know about the little black box Mr. B :)

EDIT: - Dave has asked me to describe how I repaired the hinge in the hope it will serve to aid others...

Well, to be honest, it was quite simple really, but then I was very fortunate in that with what I inherited on teh car I bought and the 2 broken glove boxes I picked up from Mr. B's I had a complete set of 4 hinge joints for the lid and two hinge pins.

It would seem the hinge on the lid itself is the weakest link, breaking where it joins the lid body. By careful jiggling around I was able to align up the four parts of the hinge on the lid - I tacked them into place with my hot melt glue gun, before making a more permenant repair with epoxy resin.

Once dry I coated all the hinge parts very liberally in silicone spray lined everything up and gently tapped the hinge pins back home.

I have also taken the liberty of shortening the check strap (using a simple through bolt to limit its travel) to avoid over straining the hinges again. The result looks great from the outside and you have to look closely when its open to see the epoxy. Im not sure how long this repair will last before I resort to the piano hinge modification, but presently it looks good.
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Marty,

Is it my imagination/crook eyesight, or have you got a tiled floor in that car??
I see the broom there, so I take it that it's easy to keep clean then?Image

Alan S :lol:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
M

Post by M »

AlanS wrote:Marty,have you got a tiled floor in that car??
I see the broom there, so I take it that it's easy to keep clean then?
Alan S :lol:
Nahh, they are genuine Citroen BX mats with the tiled effect - the broom (and skateboard) belong to James who keeps treating the car as his own personal platground ("is it ready yet dad?"). Road tax Tuesday - :wink:

Mind you - tiled floors (in a nice teracotta tile) would look nice and be easy to mop clean - My 100th post - Woo-Yay!