Yesssssssssssssss! I`m in the exclusive club!

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Yesssssssssssssss! I`m in the exclusive club!

Post by cavmad »

Ta-dah! Thanks to the wonderful efforts of superguys Vanny and Doc I`m now in the exclusive 1.9TD BXclub.
After Chris`s long hard day of graft (in between a huge mileage from his house and back) the other week there were just a few jobs left, namely sorting out the stupid alarm and immobilisor, boxing the clutch arm thingy off plus various other bits and bobs.
Today saw young Vanny come down and armed with some electrical wizardry items he set about removing the alarm and immobilisor, sorting out the central locking and clock, and wiring the stereo in properly. On top of this he got the handbrake to work better and sorted out the ABS wire that I`d trapped when fitting the wider non-genuine alloys.
The engine revs beautifully, really smooth andf goes straight to the red line without hesitation.
Couldn`t wait to get out in it and it didn`t disappoint. A blast up the motorway to run Vanny home and it was really flying: from 70 in top it pulls like a train and clean as a whistle to, ahem, 3 figure speeds (*off road of course). Baited a few cars with some pretty good results, a bloke in some sort of Megane Sport thing (the new shape one) got a bit of a shock plus an Astra driver and a Golf on the way back. The power is awesome for a diesel, it might not be a 16V petrol but the torque is amazing, really amazing.
A few jobs left: backbox fell off a while ago and hangar is rotten, managed to break the plastic heater outlet or inlet where it goes through the bulkhead and the cooling system wants another bleeding session.
Overall I`m absolutely chuffed to bits with the car, it`s going to be a right laugh driving it.
Massive, massive thanks to Doc and Vanny for once again proving the spirit of this club is the best.
Cheers lads!
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

P I C T U R E S ?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ah, it desperately needs a good clean up (it`s an absolute sh*t tip inside and out at the moment) and I have some body/paintwork isssues to attend to then once all done I`ll wheel the digital camera out.
Have a TZD hatch front bumper to spray up and fit, current bumper doesn`t have fogs and is tatty anyhow, then I need to source a decent estate rear bumper and some other minor parts.
I was like a kid with a machine gun driving it today, talk about grin inducing!
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Good isnt it :wink:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft