Sphere removal tool

Anything about BXs
toddao
BXpat

Sphere removal tool

Post by toddao »

Just came across this tool which employs part of an old bicycle chain fixed to a handle with a couple of hooks on it. Really cheaply made - Indian I think - meant to be for spheres. I can't make the thing grip a sphere . Anyone seen this item or had any success using it? Seems like crap to me. There's no Citroens in India.
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Yes I used to have one of these as a Oil Filter Wrench 8) Thats what I thought it was designed for but then again any Oil Filter wrench that fits around the spheres works.
I think my dad still has it in the tools he claims are his when he moved over from the UK.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

They're all over ebay now and going very cheap. The real article is the one to have IMO.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Doz
BXpert

Post by Doz »

I've got a "Blue point" oil filter wrench with a rubber grippy bit inside a metal band ... it's just the biz for slackening off a stubbon sphere...
Doz

2007 Citroen C1 (it's not a real Citroen)(With a complete set of wheel trims)
2006 C4 1.6VTR+ (Alloys no wheel trims)
1982 Mini HL (No wheel trims, no wheels)
1993 Kawasaki GPZ500
Bxaholic
BXpert

Post by Bxaholic »

Kitch wrote:They're all over ebay now and going very cheap. The real article is the one to have IMO.
Do you know how good are them ones on Ebay? Although i've managed for years without a 'proper' removal tool I have recently fancied buying one, and where do you get the real article?
RED 1993 TZD Turbo EST. 182,661miles
My everyday car for last 9 years, about to be seperated {July 2008}, and then i'll be Bx'less first time in 18 years....
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I've got an old leather strap wrench which looks like it would do the job, though I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I should think a chain wrench will slip quite easily.

</useless post>