'Alien' alloys to fit a BX?

Anything about BXs
mountainmanUK

'Alien' alloys to fit a BX?

Post by mountainmanUK »

Hi chaps!

Could anyone please post some kind of definitive list of which alloys from other cars can fit straight onto a BX? Maybe which need spacers, different nuts, etc?

I've decided that I REALLY need alloys for Monica, and genuine BX Anthracites seem to be as rare as rocking-horse poo!
(unless someone knows different, in which case please PM me! :wink: )

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Be nice to me.....it's my birthday tomorrow (Wednesday) :roll:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The list would be huge mate, what with all the aftermarket types available, plus all the Peugeot ones.

The best fits in-house, are the ZX 16v 15in alloys or Pug 205 GTi alloys (either 1.6 or 1.9 will fit).

However any 15 wheel will need a maximum tyre profile of 50, other wise they'll rub....lots.

Some of the more modern Cit ones have a bigger offset, so once fitted look a bit dodgey and lost in the arches. This also goes for Pug 405 alloys.
And all the others that do fit look too modern for the car, like Saxo VTR/VTS alloys, but I guess thats all down to opinion.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Thanks Kitch!
So........ does that mean that Pug 205 GTi "pepperpot" alloys could just bung straight on? ( A lad at work has a mate who might be selling a set, cheap, pretty soon!)

Standard ZX alloys OK too.....that widens the choice a bit!

I wasn't really thinking about all the aftermarket stuff...just the 'standard issue' fitments from other Citroen, Pug or others.

cheers!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Yeah the 205 pepperpots are a direct fit....no mods needed at all. Just remember to get the bolts with them too....they're like BX 16v ones, only shorter. That said, they're used on many other Peugeots so finding them isn't too tricky.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Right, cheers mate! :D

With a bit of luck Monica will soon be driving around the North-West with something like this.......

Unless any BX Anthracites turn up :wink:

Thanks for the info on the nuts too...much appreciated!

Dave
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A nice set. The anthracite ones are very good too, but once these are on, unless you are an authenticity nut, I doubt you'll want to change.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

What are they from, mountainman? They look like Pug 205/309 GTi wheels, but I don't think they are.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

stuart_hedges wrote:What are they from, mountainman? They look like Pug 205/309 GTi wheels, but I don't think they are.
Yep...they are original Pug 205 GTi equipment! (Not sure what year).
They need special bolts with a flat washer, but I THINK I can source a set of them locally, for not too many beer vouchers! :wink:

Cheers
Dave
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I guess they just look different off the car! My first reaction was: "They look like Pug GTi wheels... but they've got too many holes."

Difficult to identify off the car!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

but they've got too many holes."
The middle four usually have bolts in 'em!!! :lol: :wink: :D
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

but they've got too many holes."
The middle four usually have bolts in 'em!!! :lol: :wink: :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have a set of bx alloys, not antharcie but they are sppedlines, currently residing in stuarts shed. Or a I have anthracite alloys u can have gratis, then all u need is 3 more!
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

A bit far away from me in the Northern outposts! (Stuarts shed that is!). :wink:
I'd be interested if the Speedlines make their way to the National though. Are they the £11-50 ones you bought of the 'Bay a while back?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

They are the one I bought on ebay, but to be honest Im going to clean them up and keep them unless someone offers me a decent return on them. I will no doubt own another BX in the future so they can go on that.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

That's fair enough! You got a damned good bargain there mate.
I spend quite a while trawling the 'Bay most evenings, so I'll probably come across something else before the National anyway.
Give me a shout if you do decide to let em go...I'll pay a reasonable price! :wink: