What price one of these?

Anything about BXs
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Monkey wrench...mole grips...a big hammer and a 3' length of scaffold pole. Every job can be performed using one or a combination of the above tools... :shock:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote:Monkey wrench...mole grips...a big hammer and a 3' length of scaffold pole. Every job can be performed using one or a combination of the above tools... :shock:
Only a 3' tube? I have a selection ranging from 5' (quite tight) to 15' (unbe-f*cking-lievably tight!

Big hammers, check. Got a vast array of "persauding" sticks.

Monket wrench....well, I got the monkey!

Mole Grips...a mans best friend! :lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

I like mole grips..

Perhaps I should consider getting a pole extension then Doc :o
1990 BX TGD White
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:15' (unbe-f*cking-lievably tight!)
Blimey! 15' of scaffold tube? I could exert nearly 3500 lb-ft of torque with that. That's more than tight... that's silly.

(watches while various people work out how heavy I am)

Yes... I am rather heavy.
this might be a signature
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I have a 1/4" Stanley socket set which has been a wonderful buy, like others i now buy either sykes or halfords pro, also have some sealey which are ok.
Like Vanny i wouldn't recomend clarke handtools, they are snap off rather than snap on, but i have found their welders & compressors excellent.

Power tool wise i certainly believe you get what you pay for, black & decker always get a bad press but my 4" grinder, although from the professional range, is superb, it's outlasted countless 'bargain' buys my mates & family have burnt out.

I also have a B & D drill which i 'borrowed' off my Dad years ago, it is the old metal cased orange one & is still going strong, they don't make 'um like they used too
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote:Blimey! 15' of scaffold tube? I could exert nearly 3500 lb-ft of torque with that. That's more than tight... that's silly.

(watches while various people work out how heavy I am)

Yes... I am rather heavy.
I'm 10 stone 2, so I cant quite manage 3500 lb/ft... :lol: :lol:

It's dead handy for undoing F largebus nuts / bolts that haven't been off for 50 years and are seized solid, never failed me yet!

Bandit, it's a fact that per head of population Wales has more men with "pole extensions" than any other country in the world! So, yeah, go for it fella! :lol: :lol:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

docchevron1472 wrote:I'm 10 stone 2, so I cant quite manage 3500 lb/ft... :lol: :lol:
Bloody hell, how do you manage that you bastard?? :lol: :lol: I'm a few pounds shy of 14 stone (29yo, 6ft 0, 36" waist) and I'm not a heavy drinker and I don't smoke!!

Sorry, you're not a bastard really - you must burn off all that beers beers beers really well! 8) I thought weight jealousy was purely the domain of the fairer sax.... :oops:

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Don't listen to mnde. It's all muscle on him!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

mnde wrote:... purely the domain of the fairer sax....

this might be a signature
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

He's a musical guy, he can't help it!
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Bandit, it's a fact that per head of population Wales has more men with "pole extensions" than any other country in the world! So, yeah, go for it fella!
Mmm, try selling that one to JDB...the coolest and biggerest 'toggerested' dude in Wales...cool as fuck. Not sure he drives a BX or bus tho' mate....he obviously needs educating!!
1990 BX TGD White
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

mnde wrote: Bloody hell, how do you manage that you bastard?? :lol: :lol: I'm a few pounds shy of 14 stone (29yo, 6ft 0, 36" waist) and I'm not a heavy drinker and I don't smoke!!

Mark.
See thats where you're going wrong Mark! Drink more and start smoking! A couple of years ago I went from 11 stone to 7 stone 6 in two weeks. It's taken this long to get back to 10 stone 2! I think working anti-social hours, eating irregularily, and living on microwave meals, ale and fags may have something to do with it mate!
BX Bandit wrote: Mmm, try selling that one to JDB...the coolest and biggerest 'toggerested' dude in Wales...cool as fuck. Not sure he drives a BX or bus tho' mate....he obviously needs educating!!
I think James has the required equipment without the need to, er add to it mate!
He defo doesn't drive a BX, and whilst James may not have driven a bus, Richie was the bands driver when Flicker played rhythm and they were called Betty Blue after the french film!

Jesus, I need to get out more... :roll:
Smug anal git mode off /

Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I'm a few pounds shy of 14 stone (29yo, 6ft 0, 36" waist)
Hmmm you just described me, apart from the drinking, mine seems to have increased over the last little while.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

6ft 3 and a bit, 36" waist and about 15 stone though I seem to fluctuate wildly between 15 and 16.5 stone.

Trying to get vaguely back on topic: Stinkwheel, can you get prices for Snap-On stuff mate? I'm not after a discount by the way just that my local garage lent me their Snap-On booster pack a few times and it's started every vehicle no matter how flat the battery or the engine size and I'm very impressed with it. Much better than my Machine Mart one which has been one of the best things I ever bought but not powerful enough it would appear.
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »