RTA :(

Anything about BXs
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

:cry: Hi Stuart ..........nuffin I can say that aint already been said .....but screw the the other driver for every penny you can wring out of him and his insurance ...........and dont let 'em take your car.
Tel.
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

So long as you two are OK that's the main thing because you can enjoy another off Ebay before long if the cars fubar rather than not ejoying another one because you are.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Absolutley, as I said before, cars are replaceable, people are not.

I've no doubt there is suffiecient bits in stock within the forum and certainly enough know-how to get the car straight and tidy again.

But screw the f*%king c^&( for everything you can. Tossers like this should not be allowed on the public highway.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Stuart have you taken any pictures matey?
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

I agree with all the sentiments going!

Nail the bugger for every penny you can get, If the same thing happens to me out here we can not sue for whiplash. Dont know if thats a good or bad thing.

Ironically on a EX Pat forum I have been having a go and some stupid tart about the justification she has for being caught speeding. Especially in the light that in the seven months she has been here in NZ she manged to rear end another motorist entering a motorway slip road with her young daughter in the car, when she looked down at a map. :roll:

Some people should not be given licences.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

All useful advice and comments guys, thanks. All appreciated.

I've got photos of the car but I've been advised not to post them on the internet until the claim is all sorted out. IF it comes to court and IF I still have the pictures on my camera and haven't posted them all over the net I can't be accused of doctoring them.

As for whether the car can be fixed... The wheels seem to be in the right places and the sunroof shut properly. The rear doors close OK, but I noticed the weld in the wheelarch on the right-hand side has popped slightly open.

I have no doubt the insurers will write it off, but if the good and gentle people of this Forum are willing to donate the expertise and skills that I don't have - not to mention garage space to work in! - then we might see it back on the road.

As for us... K is in a lot of pain, with this on top of what she suffered in the last accident. I'm not too bad physically, but I'm a lot more shaken up than I realised. I hadn't felt any anger over the whole thing but the anger against this guy suddenly hit me when I went to bed last night so I didn't sleep a wink.

I'm back at work today and not coping well with the stress here. Maybe I should have taken another day off.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

IF, and its a big IF, BCXM doesn't want my GT???? Ill call him later, the offer of the GT is still on. At least you'd have the right colour bonnet if yours proves really difficult for people to fix :wink: Its otherwise straight for all intensive purposes, just needs the bonnet sorting and the oil leak(s) fixed, and yours would make a good spares car. Its not been written off as it was technically my fault in this case and I only had 3rd party cover. However, I really don't want to do all the work myself but you could have it for free and perhaps if people were willing to help they could use my garage over this way?

Just a random mad idea based on 2 possible factors coming true: BCXM (Leyroy) not wanting the car any more, and yours being far more difficult to repair than mine. Leyroy; Are you OK? I haven't seen you on here since the meet and there is still a PM sitting in my outbox...

Cheers, Adam
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Stuart, how are things now mate? Hopefully you and your good lady are feeling slightly better now.
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Thanks Cavmad - we're gradually getting our mobility back mainly thanks to a friend's hot tub! We've been spending an hour or so in that every evening and we think they should be available on the NHS.

I'm coping better at work - seem to have got over the stress of it but the stiffness is a problem. The speaker function on my phone has stopped working and I can't hold it with my shoulder like I usually do - I also can't reach the files on the top shelf because I can't look up properly!

Kirrily is applying for a stay at a facility which her job provides for a course of physio - she needs it more than I do.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery Stuart. It won't be a quick thing unfortunately but will ease with time in my experience and that of others I've talked to.
We've got a physio at work and one of the only benefits of my accident was getting to see her :wink: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

stuart_hedges wrote:Thanks Cavmad - we're gradually getting our mobility back mainly thanks to a friend's hot tub! We've been spending an hour or so in that every evening and we think they should be available on the NHS.

I'm coping better at work - seem to have got over the stress of it but the stiffness is a problem. .
Since when is stiffness a problem Stuart? :wink:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Only in certain circumstances, Mr Leech ;)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I think I remember those circumstances.. way back in the dim and distant. :wink:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mike st gilles
BXpert

Post by mike st gilles »

Stuart, just seen this (I've been away) sorry to hear about it all but good advice as always from this forum
One further thing re the neck injury; as has been said this can reappear years later as something quite nasty and as well as getting it all documented its also worth making sure that you put on record your right to claim later, should anything nasty reoccur. Had the same thing myself a few years ago and it was something like 10 years later that it came back 'with a vengeance'. Also on the subject of pain relief...as well as all the other more usual pills, potions and what have you. I got great relief from acupuncture on the good old Nat Health, certainly worth a try.
Mike
Garlic Bread 'its the future'.
90 BX TZD Auto lives in France. 93 BX TXD Estate having had Ken Newbolds magic wand waved over it. 98' Honda Deauville NTV650.. '86 Fiat Ducato Swift Kontiki Camper
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Bottle of scotch always works for me, but I'm a bad role model probably...

Well, I've just seen the piccies of the car, and, well......SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!
It was a BIG impact.

However, I'm hatching a plan!

Ed has a BX that needs breaking. Subject to Ed giving it the OK, anything I can't pull out on Stuart's car, I can use from Ed's car.
I'm not talking cut and shut here, I did exactley the same thing when my TD got wolloped by a oxygen thief. Unstitch panel from one car, replace on t'other like..

Again, also subject to seeing the car "in the metal" and drawing up a full list of required bits that I'm sure between us we can muster I reckon we can get Stuart mobile in the BX again pretty quickley.

Condolences mate, she dont look pretty.. :cry:

However, it emphasises how lucky you and K were. Really.