bx16v model cars (miniture)

Anything about BXs
james cartledge
Confirmed BX'er

bx16v model cars (miniture)

Post by james cartledge »

any 1 got one or know if they are out there im looking for a scale model of a bx 16v (as well as a real one)

just wondered if anyone knew anything about bx 16v model cars

cheers james
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Models often pop up on eBay. I know a number of other members have models of their BX.

PS.. Please don't use text-speak here. The character count isn't limited.
this might be a signature
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I have never seen a 16v model James and I have quite a few BX model cars.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Well, I have seen a 1/43 scale model kit of a 16v on ebay.fr a while ago, but it went for silly money, and it wasn't even built.

There was a company selling them a while ago, and I think a load of orders were placed from the old BX 16v Forum... Nothing ever came of it though :cry:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I've been chasing these for years. There are two companies that produce them; Prestige and something else...MVI or something. AFAIK I recall they're resin kits and obviously 1/43. Never seen one come up though, although have found pics online of a red ph1 track car which did look pretty good. I also found a pic of a silver ph2 but it looks smaller than 1/43.

Right now, only ones that are available easily are the Altaya 16TRS in red which is odd in shape but has good details, the Norev red/blue/ivory 16TRS which is good in shape but crap in detail, a couple of Police versions of the Altaya ones. Plus a 16RS "Evasion" which I guess means estate in english, which is red and made by Universal Hobbies. Its not one of their best, but it's passable in a cabinet.
Theres also the white 4TC road car made by UH which is probably the best of a bad bunch. Only the roof line and rear door shape let that down, otherwise it's pretty good.

There are some other racers, 1/12 plastic things and small odditys on ebay, plus I saw a Heco moel of a Sport which was very expensive given the rather dodgey quality.

There are no models of BX's available that can hold their own against the likes of Minichamps, Spark or IXO really, except the IXO 4TC Evo (no17). No15 is an Altaya model and not as well detailed although pretty good for the money.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Pretty comprehensive guide there...

I was hoping that Norev would make a 16v in the future, because their newer stuff is actually really good. The 205 1.9 is actually better than the Minichamps IMO. The 405 T16 isn't too bad either. They have been building lots of new models over the last couple of years, mostly French stuff from the 70s, 80s and 90s... How many can they build before they get to the BX 16v?

I've got two of the 1/12 scale BXs, and when I was still at school planned on turning one of them into a Phase 2 16v, but the buggers in charge wouldn't let me use the Design Technology suite at dinner time :cry: I would still like to do this at some point... Actually, that's a good point. I think I will do it. It's about time.

Expect WIP Pictures!
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Yeah the later Norev stuff is pretty good. The C4 By Loeb is awesome. But generally I find the Norev models have monster truck wheels! The scale of the wheels alone compared with the rest of the model is a bit off. I've got a blue Saxo VTS and the 405 T16 you speak of and both are like it, although the Xsara VTS isn't too bad. But like the 309 GTi I have, it was too high ground clearance-wise! So I've lowered both of those to the correct heights 8)

UH is worth keeping an eye on though, it'll either be IXO, Norev or them if a BX valver does appear. UH do a really cool R19 16v which I recently picked up in Malta for a bargain sum, and also an R5 GTT ph2 in black or grey.

For detail my favourite models are the Minichamps Fords though, both the mk1 XR2 and the 2.8i blue over silver Capri. And I've got a DSIM Starion that is also really good.
This has reminded me...I'm supposed to take pics for the house insurance!

Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Here you go...

Click here...

But I wouldn't get your hopes up. I doubt that they have it in stock :cry:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Rare. Will be rarer still if you can't get one. And even if you could get one, at £60 it will be become unbelievably rare :lol: :shock:

Now, if it was 1:25th or bigger.... 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Lol £60! Ive paid less than that for real ones.!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

For a moment I hovered over the £60 button! But I'd want a better clearer picture of the quality, as the shape of that doesn't quite look right for £60! That'd make it the most expensive of any 1:43 I've got.

Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Well I sent them an email asking if the model was actually in stock, haven't heard back yet...

I still think I'll be better off building my own, and it'll be 1/12 scale :lol:

£60 is a lot TBH, and I don't think I've ever spent that much on 1/43 either... The problem is, the cheap models, usually found on the front of european magazines for 10 or 12 euros, are just as good as anything else you can buy... and there is so much cool stuff out there, just no decent BXs :cry:
Ascot Valver

Post by Ascot Valver »

Just baught a BX16v phase 2 in Dolman Grey loving it....ex Philip Chidlow Car....wh :) when do you lot get together in yr BXs

Si
Foxtrot One !
Toddman
BXpert

models

Post by Toddman »

I do know the Citroen main dealers offered the P1 in the mid '90s.
I remeber seeing one in black at NT Shaws whilst collecting my black P1 they also had the momo wheel in the display cabinet - sadly nothing like that was there yesterday though :(

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ascot Valver wrote:Just baught a BX16v phase 2 in Dolman Grey loving it....ex Philip Chidlow Car....wh :) when do you lot get together in yr BXs

Si
Check out Events thread... but TBH it's a bit quiet at the moment. ----^
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v