MOT DAY

Anything about BXs
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

MOT DAY

Post by Tim Leech »

Gts in for her 2nd MOT under my ownership, yes ive owned it over a year! New oil and filter (genuine Citroen one) and put a new budget tyre on the recently aquired alloy. Total mileage since last MOT is 562!lol
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hoorah! Asides from resetting the headlamp aim and an advisory on a brake flexi all is well.

Not bad for a 23 year old car! :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well done, Tim. The car deserves it.

^^bx>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

16v also passed her MOT today, a tweak on the emissions again was all that was needed, mind you its done 85 miles in a year so I need to use it more.

New devil link pipe (centre box bypass), correct front pipe with a splitter and geuine cambelt and tensioners went on today along with a genuine filter and 5 litres of fresh semi synth. It sounds ace! 8)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

85 miles?

Yes you do need to 'get out more' :lol:

Well done on the MOT \:D/
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:85 miles?

Yes you do need to 'get out more' :lol:

Well done on the MOT \:D/
I will try and use it more, happier now the belt is done, I do more miles in a week in the golf than I do in the BXs in a year!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Roverman wrote:16v also passed her MOT today, a tweak on the emissions again was all that was needed, mind you its done 85 miles in a year so I need to use it more.

New devil link pipe (centre box bypass), correct front pipe with a splitter and geuine cambelt and tensioners went on today along with a genuine filter and 5 litres of fresh semi synth. It sounds ace! 8)
Well done there Tim, you've been ripped off :P

(Next time buy a Dayco belt set and a Purflux filter....much cheaper and thats who Citroen get them from before they double the price and stick a Citroen logo on the box!)

In fact while you're there, if you really wanna treat it pop some fully synthetic in there, 5w40 if you drive lightly and your engine's tight, or 10w40 if its slightly worn, or you rag it. Or 15w50 if you do nothing but abuse it :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Well done Tim - two for the price of one! I forget it's every year there. I find the two year test here more convenient except that's an extra years worth of decay.

The best ( perhaps not for safety) is where there's no test like Tasmania. I was driving around in my Datsun van enjoying the air-conditioning from the hole in the floor through which the bald tyres were almost visable when I got pulled by the police.

" Put your seat belt on son!"

I obliged and rattled off once more, with the half dog chewed seat belt holding me safetly on the garden chair that I'd substituted for the dog devoured front seat.

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Kitch wrote:
Roverman wrote:16v also passed her MOT today, a tweak on the emissions again was all that was needed, mind you its done 85 miles in a year so I need to use it more.

Well done there Tim, you've been ripped off :P

(Next time buy a Dayco belt set and a Purflux filter....much cheaper and thats who Citroen get them from before they double the price and stick a Citroen logo on the box!)

In fact while you're there, if you really wanna treat it pop some fully synthetic in there, 5w40 if you drive lightly and your engine's tight, or 10w40 if its slightly worn, or you rag it. Or 15w50 if you do nothing but abuse it :lol:
Kitch you dont know how much I paid for these bits though mate :wink: I use 10/40 as its a wee bit worn but pulls well, much better now since the exhaust swop.

Anyway to prove it does actually move heres a picture!